Fender Showmaster Scorpion Guitar $200 Shipped

Everlost87

• Members
You could always call the Sheriff's department.
:)
Do it man! Screw that guy!

Well then, is there anyone in the NY area (Herkimer county) who could do me a favour and give the them a call? I'll provide all details :)
Unfortunately, I only have a cell phone (no landline!) with a Canadian long distance plan, but no north America plan, otherwise I would have been on this already. If I had to recover the 200 I sent to this mofo and then pay off a huge phone bill... gahhh i don't even want to think about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did this ever get rectified? I remember being slightly interested in this for the price but it was around the HC 2.0 switch so this guitar got lost in the shuffle. Glad I didn't get scammed but hope it works out and hope this jerk that pulled this BS gets his ass handed to him.

• Members

I gave the Herkimer county police a few calls and they're investigating. Gave me a few calls back and they said they tracked him down, although they admited themselves that he was hard to contact as well. The police said they called his parents (LOL) and the only time they contacted him, he said he sent it. I told the police that was bull{censored} and the police said they're gonna try to call him again and told me to hang in there.
Through this whole ordeal, I have grown to really respect American justice. The Canadian authorities told me I was {censored} out of luck, too bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

This guy's last activity was 5/28/10 which was over 2 months after the buyer was questioning whether he was getting ripped off. Anyone else know this guy on the forum. Lets get him to send the guitar or refund the money!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The guy returned on Seymour Duncan's forum today where he also had this guitar listed at. Here is his post:

Wow I just saw this and would like to clear it up.

This started out as a smooth transaction where I sold this guitar to a memeber on HC User Forums. I had an issue at first which resulted in me sending it a week late, it was a hectic time with my family. I sent the guitar UPS and with everything going on, misplaced the tracking number. Finally I get it from the store I shipped it, and assumed at this point he had probably had the guitar.

I go online to tell mr. buyer, and plastered all over the threads is how I'm such a cheat, and how I stiffed him. A couple days later I have the sheriff not even knocking on my door, on my mom's door, asking about a guitar and she calls me. At this point UPS has had this guitar for a while. I call them up, and find out it was returned to the UPS Store I shipped it out of as it was undeliverable for some reason (he gave me the wrong address maybe?, obviously this guy called the sheriff on my mom, I'm not speaking to him anymore). I go and sure enough there is my guitar. And I apparently am not owed a refund because I put the wrong address.

At no point throughout this process was I PM'ed asking where the guitar was. It went from "Here's my address" to me being flamed on forums, and the sheriff at my door.

So yes, I understand he might have felt stiffed, before I could send the payment back the charges were reversed and I get to pay a 10 dollar fee on top of that.

So because I shipped a guitar out a week late due to family issues, and UPS is never getting my business again, I sold a guitar for $200, paid $80 to ship to Canada where this guy lived, lost $210 to paypal, and am now considered a liar and thief to a forum I have been a member of since 2004.

Believe me or not, I had to speak my piece.

Archived