OT: best sports coupe? best midsize sedan?

Jeebus

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Mintbeetle

e-type_800.jpg

jaguar e-type

I owned one in the late 1960s, back when I thought I was a rock star. :rolleyes:

The worst car I've ever owned. Everything made of rubber deteriorated... gaskets, belts, hoses.. I never knew when the car was going to break down. I don't know what the British were using for rubber those days. Should have bought a Corvette.

• Members

My baby...

ae_Mercedes-Benz_C32_AMG_731_01.jpg

I've hit the limiter @ 250 km/h... total sleeper, no speeding tickets... 350 hp => gas mileage worse than SUV... ate the first set of tires in 3 months :D

Rear seats fold down, expanded trunk holds several 88 KBs, stands, amps... one of my main factors in picking a car :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Mook

Atom_2_top_g_7.jpg

power_laps.gif

The Ariel Atom is sweet, but the Volkswagen GX3 is going to be under $17,000 U.S. dollars which is less than a third the cost of the Ariel (i.e. affordable for the masses). It's performance won't be nearly as good though (5.7 seconds 0-62, 125 bhp, 1.25g's...and 46 miles per gallon!).

• Members
Originally posted by 13ghostsofscoobydoo

The Ariel Atom is sweet, but the Volkswagen GX3 is going to be under $17,000 U.S. dollars which is less than a third the cost of the Ariel (i.e. affordable for the masses). It's performance won't be nearly as good though (5.7 seconds 0-62, 125 bhp, 1.25g's...and 46 miles per gallon!).

he he, yeah I saw your post and it just reminded me of the Atom. :thu:

I spotted the VW badge on the steering wheel but didn't realise that was an actual VW car (haven't bought any car mags for a year or so) - I'll have to do a google and read up about it thanks! :)

Archived