What do you drink while gigging?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA, Sierra Nevada IPA or something along those lines. Only 3-4 of them and I'm done drinking before the last set, then I change over to water. I'd love to drink a couple more beers but I'm not taking any chances on driving after drinking a 6 pack.

• Members

Water.... water... redbull (maybe with a spike of Vodka) water... water... water..... Since we are usually playing in stuffy rooms, run from one song to the next and am switching from guitar to keyboards I usually sweat my ass off. If I don't drink water I suffer the next day. Without an ounce of alcohol I feel as if I'm hungover with dehydration. So I make sure I drink at least 8 glasses H20 the day we have a show (should do that anyway), I bring a gallon jug of spring water (so I don't have to wait during set breaks to get a glass) and a small fan to help stay dry during the set.

I rarely drink at gigs.... it just doesn't serve me any purpose since I am challenged enough playing sober!

:D

• Members

Ice water. I sometimes enjoy a chilld glass of wine during or after the last set, or if someone offers to buy me a drink (I used to refuse customer drinks but my clients reminded me not to turn down a sale for them). Otherwise there's the traditional champagne at midnight on NY Eve and that's about it.

Archived