Marshallized Epiphone Valve Junior Head w/ Heyboer OT, RCA Gray Plate 12AX7

kojdogg

• Members

An awesome amp head for jamming, recording and practice. More information on the Marshallized mod can be found at www.turretboards.com under the "VJR Stuff" link.

Has the red swirl board loaded with premium components. The amp also has a Heyboer Output Transformer that increases headroom and frequency response, an RCA Gray Plate 12AX7 preamp tube and a Sovtek EL84. The amp head has been retolexed in black to add to the "Marshall" vibe-- this was done well, though not perfectly (obvious in the pic of the front). I have the back cover for the amp, I just removed it for the purposes of taking pics.

Bottom line is that this amp delivers boutique tone at a bargain price. Selling only to help cover some other purchases I've made as I turn over a huge part of my setup.

$175 shipped to the lower 48. No trades on this!

VJRFr.jpg

VJRB.jpg

VJRguts.jpg

VJRTubT.jpg

• Members

How much crunch/gain does this thing get with the mods?

Well, the OT gives you a bit more frequency response and clarify IME. IME the mods definitely bring out the crunch/gain amp overdriven goodness that evokes that prototypical "Marshall" overdriven amp sound. I liked it a lot for the "in between" sounds too-- great for slightly dirty, but not saturated parts. The RCA 12ax7 helps with this too.

• Members

This is on hold pending a possible trade (which I initiated (I know I said no trades). I'll let folks who pm'ed me (and there were a lot in the last few days for some reason...where were you all when I was trying to sell this lol? I guess the best strategy for selling this was to not bump it for a couple of weeks :D) know if it falls through.

Archived