When sliding between 2 chords, do you pick your fingers up or let them slide across?

• Members

If it's the same chord shape I often won't pick my fingers up, but just slide them really quickly.

If the chord shape is different I'll pick my fingers up.

As with any general rules, they are subject to change based upon what I'm hearing at the moment.

• Members

If it's the same chord shape I often won't pick my fingers up, but just slide them really quickly.

If the chord shape is different I'll pick my fingers up.

As with any general rules, they are subject to change based upon what I'm hearing at the moment.

This is generally the idea.

I will only add that if the chord is different, I may lift my fingers up totally to reconfigure them, though if the shape is SIMILAR enough I will try to make the fingering changes while keeping the rest of my fingers down...

• Members

Any of you find the amount of treble to be a factor? I sometimes crank the treble and play delicately with the tips of my fingers - a technique I copped from Jimmy Vivino on Conan. You get this very boutique type tone for free except when you have to move your left hand around. Then it's squeak city for me.

Archived