Guitar Lessons On Video ONLY!-No Shredding Clips

• Members

I've been thinking about starting this thread now for awhile because there are some very good guitar instructional videos on YouTube.

There are some guidelines I would like to keep to on this thread if you would all be so kind to follow so it is as helpful as possible to beginners and established players alike. I've listed them below.

1) Quality teaching videos only. If the instruction is no good or the video is poor, please do not post it as it will just muddy up the thread.
2) Videos only please. Diagrams, stories, etc. can go on a different thread or a PM if someone requires it unless it will add to the instruction on the video for all concerned.
3) Please, no shredding clips. It is next to impossible to teach this on a video clip and this is something only experience or very experienced guitarists can do. There are hundreds of these on YouTube and elsewhere that people interested in this aspect of playing can find on their own.

Thank you for any input you can add to this thread. I hope it is a benefit to all.

I'll start with a very few basic clips and we can go from there.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have learned a ton off You Tube, it is the best resource going, but it takes some perseverance to find what you want to learn.

More often than not, "lesson" videos are just some guy showing off.

That being said, here's my 2 cents worth

If you want to learn some delta blues, search "Delta Blues Tips" on You Tube. He has tons of videos, no BS and breaks everything down, right hand, left hand, every note. He doesn't waste time promoting himself, as a matter of fact you never even see the guy's face but he will show you how to get that sound and the feel.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by FlipFlopFly View Post
Perhaps the most important guitar lesson you'll ever need.

Talk about nail on the head! The first part of that video sounds EXACTLY like speeches (scarily almost verbatim) I have given students (and here too!) from time to time. Couldn't agree more with this.

Archived