Reborn...

meganutt7

• Members

Just figured I would share... I recently sold a few guitars (amongst them my trusty Carvin Tele) and began re-doing my pedalboard... I got a few new pedals already... an Octafuzz, an OCD and a Mini Deja Vibe (all Fulltone, shockingly). I removed my Pigtronix EP-1 from the board and am looking to rid myself of my Deluxe Memory Man, as much as I love it...

I plugged in and played yesterday and the tones i was getting were just otherworldly... I have such an array of tones and they are all fat and funky... I feel reborn on a tonal level... Of course, this also has en effct on my phrasing and playing in general. I couldn't be happier.

Just firgured I would share.

Also, while I am at it.. Wednesday night... As usual.. Jam in Coconut Grove. Come out and bring your ax to Jada Coles. It's gonna be beastly. AND you can play through my NEW rig!!!

• Members

That's awesome Danny! I love new gear. I am struggling with a pretty severe case of G.A.S. right now (gear acquisition syndrome).

I bought a FullTone DejaVibe2 about a year ago and it is absolutely killing. Instant psychedelia, all squishy and liquid coolness.

Yeah Virg tone is in your hands but good fx can inspire stuff.

BTW - Danny I finally did get over and play one of those Suhr guitars and holy crap was it nice! If I had the free cash right now it would be mine. Man he's making really good stuff!

• Members
That's awesome Danny! I love new gear. I am struggling with a pretty severe case of G.A.S. right now (gear acquisition syndrome).

I bought a FullTone DejaVibe2 about a year ago and it is absolutely killing. Instant psychedelia, all squishy and liquid coolness.

Yeah Virg tone is in your hands but good fx can inspire stuff.

BTW - Danny I finally did get over and play one of those Suhr guitars and holy crap was it nice! If I had the free cash right now it would be mine. Man he's making really good stuff!

Yes, guys.. tone is in the hands... but SOUNDS are everywhere.... The Octafuzz is just OUT OF CONTROL!!!!

The Deja Vibe as well!!!

Now I am getting rid of my Deluxe Memory Man (I love it, but it's too big and not versatile enough) and getting a couplf onewer delays and verbs, and possibly a Moog Ring Mod and/or Murf... Giggity Goooooo!!!

I really just want to have an array of more trippy sounds for the jam night, as alot of the drummers are KILLING at the drum n bass thing!!! So I need more keyboardy textures.... but without a POD or GT-10 or whatnot...

;)

• Members

For a delay I got the TC Electronics Nova Delay. It's pretty damn cool man. Small footprint, very powerful and beautiful clarity.

The thing I am gas-ing for the most is a ring-mod been wanting one of those for a while now.

I am selling my ring mod pedal today. might get the Moog... I am getting a line 6 Echo Park... It's good enough, it's tiny and it has tap tempo...

• Members
Ha! I guess you's less picky than me then. With delays especially, the term "good enough" seldom applies.

The Moog is the ring mod I am after.

Yeah... I love me some Deluxe Memory Man... But the Line 6 is versatile enough and, liek I said, has tap tempo, a TON of different modes and, heck.. If Oz Noy uses them, I guess I can't be too snobby about them, you know?? He has great tone... Echo included...

;)

The Moog or the Zvex are the two ring mods I am into... eventhough Frantone makes a sweet one... And the EHX one isn't terrible either...

I'm really happy with mine..I have a Suhr Classic and a Suhr Classic T. As far as effects go I JUST wnet through a complete rebuild of my pedalboard a few months ago:

[YOUTUBE]MeJkpl0NtP0[/YOUTUBE]

I think I'm going to lose the BSIAB2 and put my Keeley Compressor in its place, though.

• Members

I think I'm going to lose the BSIAB2 and put my Keeley Compressor in its place, though.

I want a good compressor that isn't too noise heavy and a little more transparent than my MXR Dynacomp... I am very happy with my board now... capable of way more ethereal and soundscapey tones... I am prolly getting a verbzilla too, which is (like the echo paRK) SURPRISINGLY IMPRESSIVE TO ME AFTER CHECKING IT OUT...

I want a good compressor that isn't too noise heavy and a little more transparent than my MXR Dynacomp... I am very happy with my board now... capable of way more ethereal and soundscapey tones... I am prolly getting a verbzilla too, which is (like the echo paRK) SURPRISINGLY IMPRESSIVE TO ME AFTER CHECKING IT OUT...

Try a Keeley. I have a 2 knob one and it is much more transparent and musical than the Dynacomp (of which I've had a few over the years). They also make a 4 knob version.

Archived