So, I did a short Vid.

mosiddiqi

• Members

I would like to see a demonstration of how all the modes sound with details of the chords used and how it relates to the Major scale. Just something simple, to show the different flavours they have. There is so much information on the 'net about modes, but most of it is arguments and it's not easy to find the actual sounds and how they are created.

Paul

• Members

I liked this vid a lot because you seem pretty comfortable talking and playing in front of a camera. Like Jeremy, I came away with "Oh, that's what he's like" kinda vibe. Very relaxed and informative.

My least favorite youtube lessons vids often start with "Hey guys what's up?" followed by a long, self-important lecture on why this info is important followed by information on how to buy product. 10 minutes go by before you hear them play anything.

I like your idea of turning dorian into mixolydian simply by playing the same shape in a different position! It's so simple and obvious that it's easy to dismiss and overlook it. Thanks for the reminder. I'm gonna try it!

• Members

Ok I see the light now! Thank you so much! It make sense if you are starting @ A mix and then working your way up, everybody is taught to start with Ionian and go from there... Can't wait to give this a try tonight!! Looking forward to more! @Jeremy.... also enjoyed your blog!

• Members

Ok I see the light now! Thank you so much! It make sense if you are starting @ A mix and then working your way up, everybody is taught to start with Ionian and go from there... Can't wait to give this a try tonight!! Looking forward to more! @Jeremy.... also enjoyed your blog!

Cool! :thu:

• Members

Thanks brother!

• Members

Hey mo. First time I finally saw you play. Where's the girl? Question: Which moves faster, your fingers or your thoughts when playing. That was some bad a.. playing mo. You are probably wondering , who the heck is guitarville. You know me.
:wave:

Thanks!..she's camera shy..who the heck are you? :lol:

• Members

Hey Mo,

I did not see this until just now.

Very nice video and it's great to see you play and talk!

Like others have said, I like the practical approach of thinking in the Dorian scale shape as opposed to 'learning' a new shape.

Thanks for posting this :thu:

And congrats on that Suhr, that is one sexy guitar!!!! :love:

Archived