Hey, I'm the jazz guitarist in a movie :)

• Members

Yes, it's a small flash but its also a 30 second TV trailer for the movie, so millions of people could see it.

But the cool thing, and what i'm waiting for is...

the band was chosen for a reason...

after the scene filming the had the cast and all the extras leave and kept the band after for OUR filming. What was going on is they are promoting the singer in the band (who ironically isn't in that clip) within and outside of the movie. So, once everyone left they rearranged the 5 or so cameras around the stage area and filmed our three songs on top of the earlier filming. We filmed for about an hour and a half including three camera resets.

So without really knowing what to expect, we (the guys in the band) believe the band is going to be featured quite a bit in that club scene, I mean they had us play three songs (well, lip sync three songs) so the scene must be kind of lengthy. And since they are promoting the singer there could be a full three song set in the bonus features.

Who knows how things will end up, but they sure treated us like we were perfect for the movie and pampered us as well as the extended length filming, so we're thinking we are going to get some good shots in it.

• Members

That's pretty impressive, Mike! Was it filmed on location in GR?

It was in a few areas in Detroit. There was a base camp (administration, wardrobe, catering, etc...), a holding area they bused you into (it's closer to the film set, and it's where you wait for your scene to be called) and the film set which was a Cliff Bell's jazz club (a beautiful Detroit jazz club).

The whole day was surreal where everything was taken care of for us.

Archived