I really like GuitarRig 4 - full tune included

Mats Nermark

• Members

Hi,

Yes it matters. This is probably what matters the most. The sound card and the software that goes with it decides if the guitar signal will be properly taken care of. This decides not only if it will sound good. It also determines how it will feel to play the guitar. Not to forget the important factor of latency.

My suggestion of a good sounding/feeling sound card with an excellent low latency driver is Native Instruments GuitarRig Mobile I/O. I have one and it just works great. I own a few other audio interfaces and none of them works as well with guitars as the the Mobile I/O.

Cheers,

Mats N

Okay thanks!

One last question: does the audio interface have a jack plug in or is it a smaller one?

• Members

Okay thanks!

One last question: does the audio interface have a jack plug in or is it a smaller one?

For audio input you use a standard guitar cable when you want to record your guitar or bass. You can use a stereo 1/4" jack if you want to record a stereo source like a synth or similar stereo output device.

Audio output is on a stereo 1/4" jack.

Cheers,

Mats N

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Brand new to plug-ins, been studying them, maybe oyu can help...

I'm going to be using a new imac with quad core, so should be good there, using stock Garageband....

First of all Native vs. Amplitude stuff for ease of use?

If I go with the Kontrol package, that has all I'd need, the interface, etc, right? Or do I need a different soundcard, etc? I currently use an Apogee Duet with my older mac upgrading this month), but I use it mic'ing all my gear, etc. This time around I want simple, ease of use, and fairly decent sounds for on the fly goofball recordings opposed to dialing my rigs in, etc Thanks for any advice.

Also, do you know of a controller/mixer that could be used for GB with rela knobs opposed to using the mouse? iControl from M Audio seems to be no more.

• Members

Does anyone know if additional licenses can be purchased? I just ordered the GR Pro Kontrol edition and plan to use it in my practice space, which is where my PC and headphones are. I would also like to install it on my laptop and use it with stereo Tech21 Power Engine 60s when I'm playing out.

• Members

Does anyone know if additional licenses can be purchased? I just ordered the GR Pro Kontrol edition and plan to use it in my practice space, which is where my PC and headphones are. I would also like to install it on my laptop and use it with stereo Tech21 Power Engine 60s when I'm playing out.

I use it on my desktop and my laptop with no trouble. The license allows for more than one install just don't run GR4 on more than one computer at the same time.

• Members

Can't say I like the song, it's very cheesy, but the guitar part/effects sound ok. I'd do some work on the mix, the guitar part for being the main element of the song is very narrow sounding. It needs to be wider.

The drums need some work, not enough velocity variation, same with most of the other parts, and the synth stabs/horns are sooooooo cheesy they sound like an old casio home synth.

I've got to say that whilst it's not really my cup o tea, this comment is in fact pretty cheesy sounding.

It's his first go and apart from a few thin sounds and the centre stereo image needing padding out it sounds pretty decent.

Good job bro!

Let's hear your effort Umbra! :cop:

• Members

GR4 is clearly a better sounding sim than GR3 ....... and GR3 was pretty good to start with .....

... but the new preset system sucks butt.

If anyone can tell me how to automate gr4s presets to change within cubendos timeline/grid, i would be truly happy.

gr3 did this with ease, ie go to the gr3 track, flip out an automation track, set it to "program change" or whatever, and start drawing in your changes on the timeline as you need them.

gr4 it seems is not capable of this.

It can accept automation for individual amps,switches, pedals etc but no program/preset change.

As someone who uses this live (with a grid synced backing) this is a total fail.

Im now at the crossroads because GR4 sounds MUCH better but i cant automate its presets to change for our live set (there are hundreds, maybe a thousand, preprogrammed changes throughout our 2 hour set).

GR3 does do this, so its what i have to use. NI Shame.

• Members

GR4 is clearly a better sounding sim than GR3 ....... and GR3 was pretty good to start with .....

... but the new preset system sucks butt.

If anyone can tell me how to automate gr4s presets to change within cubendos timeline/grid, i would be truly happy.

gr3 did this with ease, ie go to the gr3 track, flip out an automation track, set it to "program change" or whatever, and start drawing in your changes on the timeline as you need them.

gr4 it seems is not capable of this.

It can accept automation for individual amps,switches, pedals etc but no program/preset change.

As someone who uses this live (with a grid synced backing) this is a total fail.

Im now at the crossroads because GR4 sounds MUCH better but i cant automate its presets to change for our live set (there are hundreds, maybe a thousand, preprogrammed changes throughout our 2 hour set).

GR3 does do this, so its what i have to use. NI Shame.

I don't know how Cubendo works but in GR4 you can assign a CC# to select any preset if that helps...assign the CC# of your choice to the preset of your choice, send GR4 the CC# via midi and it will change to that preset. I have my iPodTouch sending changes to GR4 that way via a wifi midi utility...effectively a wireless remote control for GR4.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Bargain alert for anyone who's interested:

GR4 Session is the same as GR4 Mobile, but instead of the very basic 1x1 audio interface, it comes with a 2x2 audio interface; this interface also features a switchable mic input, stereo outputs, and a headphone jack.

Just about every site I've checked is asking at least $130 for GR4 Session. But right now, wwbw.com (Woodwind & Brasswind....part of the MF/GC empire) has it for only $110....a full twenty bucks less than anywhere else I've looked. (And free shipping, too). That's a serious bargain.

Here's a link for anyone who's interested.

After almost 30 years of playing, GR4 will be the first time I've ever plugged my guitar into a computer. I'm looking forward to the possibilities.

Archived