I ate a $50 steak tonight

jcn37203

• Members

Originally posted by jeverist

Was it a warm red center or a cool red center? Rare is where the center is still cool, while medium rare the center is warm(forgive me if you know this already). A steak can be medium rare and still be pretty damn bloody as long as it's warm in the middle.

No, it was warm. Just most places tend to over cook. Even when they say "warm red center", its yysuly puing.

Or pink, depending on your BAC.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

I'd rather eat tofu.

I can't stand well done beef. Medium, I can handle, as long as some part of the steak is red. Even if its a thin strip in the middle.

But steak thats just brown, or even worse -- gray, all the way through.

Might as well eat some pork or pork chops or maybe som cabon or hunchen or gobbler.

XM radio rules.

im not talking about a little red.... if you order it medium its still a little red in the middle.... but most people order medium rare, and its just browned on the outside and its pink all the way though in the middle.

• Members

Originally posted by guitarcapo

I never understood going to a restaurant and getting a steak. Its one of the few things you can cook at home just as good as you get eating out. Just bring them home from the grocery store. Throw them on the grill. then eat. No {censored}ing recipe involved.

Cheaper that way too.

When I go out to eat i want something i can't make at home so easy.

Like jambalaya, lazagna,kidney pie or something.

yes... that is exactly the point that i didnt make. If you go to the store and buy some $15 steaks and grill them its super easy, and tastes good.

The last couple times we went to that steak house at work, i actually got grilled salmon, and everyone gave me {censored} for it. I just said "blow me" I never get salmon, because my wife doesnt like it. I do... this is my opportunity, and i just saved the company $20" As i gulp down my 5th $10 drink.

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Marshall

im not talking about a little red.... if you order it medium its still a little red in the middle.... but most people order medium rare, and its just browned on the outside and its pink all the way though in the middle.

THAT'S the good stuff! C'mon {censored}, take a bite! Wash it down with a little bourbon to sterilize it!

• Members

1. I've grilled steak, it did NOT taste like this.

2. I've grilled salmon, it was better than any salmon I've ever eaten at a restaurant. In fact, salmon and tuna steaks are my favorite things to grill these days.

Samon, salmon, solomon, all of it. Feed me.

• Members
Originally posted by yaz75

My grandparents were Irish immigrants! Do you want to GO bitch! I'll show your drunken ass my drunken fat Irish fists Beeotch!!

Oh no, you aren't one of those "I wanna be Celtic cause my grandparents came over during the famine and I know {censored} all about Ireland but it's cool so I want to jump on the bandwagon" Irish-wanna be's with one of those god awful gay-ass pseudo-Celtic tattoos are you?

third-tattoo-celtic-with-dragon.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by Kestral

Oh no, you aren't one of those "I wanna be Celtic cause my grandparents came over during the famine and I know {censored} all about Ireland but it's cool so I want to jump on the bandwagon" Irish-wanna be's with one of those god awful gay-ass pseudo-Celtic tattoos are you?

third-tattoo-celtic-with-dragon.jpg

No tats. Just a fire-hydrant shaped Irish boy from Boston who's gotten into WAY more than his share of bar fights in his time. Posers like that get their asses kicked REAL fast in my old neighborhood.

YOU WANNA GO CANADA BOY?? Huh!??

• Members

Originally posted by Roy Brooks

Roy Brooks, on the contrary, LOVES fat chicks. My favorite one that I can find free pictures of goes by the name Lushes Thunder.

*Googles Lushes Thunder*

She 'aint {censored} next to Kerry Marie!!

• Members
Originally posted by VicShat

im all about the super well done. burn that {censored}! i love it, bitches!
:mad:

You cretinous assclown!

See how I did that? Eriudite insult next to the gutteral one. Drunk and articulate is the ONLY way to go through life son.

• Members

No tats. Just a fire-hydrant shaped Irish boy from Boston who's gotten into WAY more than his share of bar fights in his time. Posers like that get their asses kicked REAL fast in my old neighborhood.

YOU WANNA GO CANADA BOY?? Huh!??

You should refer to white Canadians as "mungie cakes" They loooooove that :D

• Members

You cretinous assclown!

See how I did that? Eriudite insult next to the gutteral one. Drunk and articulate is the ONLY way to go through life son.

i like my steaks like i like my women. black on the outside, cold and grey on the inside.

:(

• Members

I'm going to slam some more vodka and give the wife the old 'drunken pickle' routine. Of course I pretend she's Kerry Marie the whole time. Although my wife is 5'8" with 42 D's and no she's NOT fat. She's just stupid for marrying me!

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

1. I've grilled steak, it did NOT taste like this.

2. I've grilled salmon, it was better than any salmon I've ever eaten at a restaurant. In fact, salmon and tuna steaks are my favorite things to grill these days.

Samon, salmon, solomon, all of it. Feed me.

TUNA? Thats almost like eating DOG.

That said, i have had salmon in other parts of the country before and it doesnt taste like it does here.

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Marshall

TUNA? Thats almost like eating DOG.

That said, i have had salmon in other parts of the country before and it doesnt taste like it does here.

Your culinary acumen is falling like a stone with every food post you type.

Archived