I ate a $50 steak tonight

jcn37203

• Members

Sweh ta Gad.

It was good as hell.

But... $50?

I dunno.

It was a 14 ounce filet, topped with baked crab meat.

I ordered it medium rare, and it was rare as {censored}. I just know I'm going to spend the night on the toilet.

But damn it was good.

Also had a wee nip of beer.

Just a wee nip mind you.

Wee lil' nip far ya.

wee nip for the nipper.

Fity bucks?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Kestral

Did you pay? I've had $100 steaks, but it was on an exec's account
:D

canadian or american?

the company i used to work for went to mortons steak house every year for xmas.

10 people = $2500 bill

granted half of it was probably drinks. Steaks were all $50+

Funny thing is i hate the way steakhouses cook steak. eating anything out of a pool of blood makes me want to puke.

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Marshall

canadian or american?

the company i used to work for went to mortons steak house every year for xmas.

10 people = $2500 bill

granted half of it was probably drinks. Steaks were all $50+

Funny thing is i hate the way steakhouses cook steak. eating anything out of a pool of blood makes me want to puke.

Over cooked shoe leather for you then my backwards friend! Yes cook the {censored} out of Mr. Marshalls steak if you would be so kind.

Good God man that's where the FLAVOR is!!

People who order beef medium or well shouldn't be allowed to even ASK for it.

Cretins!

• Members

No pool of blood, it was fantabulous. The steak was aged like 78 years and {censored}.

Anyways, it was funny because we were out shiopping and decided to grab dinner. We've been trying to cut back on our dining out budget, because since the move we just started eating out all the time because it was easier then unpacking the dishes, and we just never stopped after we did actually unpack.

Anyways....

So we're driving around and we just picked this place at random. So we walk in, wearing shorts and t shirts, and the place is just POSH. Like, leather sofas in the waiting area. hostesses like something out of a Victorias Secret ad or something. So they seat us, and everyone else in the place is wearing ties and dresses and {censored}.

The cheapest thing on the menu was like 25 bucks. So I was like "{censored} it, get me some alcohol and lets get the best {censored} on the menu".

I've never eaten meat that rare before. But so far, no violent death {censored}s. So I'm happy.

I've augmented my buzzzzzzzzz a little. But not much.

Just a nip.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnip.

P

P

:D

• Members

Originally posted by yaz75

Over cooked shoe leather for you then my backwards friend! Yes cook the {censored} out of Mr. Marshalls steak if you would be so kind.

Good God man that's where the FLAVOR is!!

People who order beef medium or well shouldn't be allowed to even ASK for it.

Cretins!

well honestly i didnt ASK to go to friggen steak house for dinner, but thats where we went. I know two people that have gotten ecoli... i dont care how good anything tastes... if you have ever seen a person go through that would would cook everything until its black.

• Members

well honestly i didnt ASK to go to friggen steak house for dinner, but thats where we went. I know two people that have gotten ecoli... i dont care how good anything tastes... if you have ever seen a person go through that would would cook everything until its black.

I'd rather eat tofu.

I can't stand well done beef. Medium, I can handle, as long as some part of the steak is red. Even if its a thin strip in the middle.

But steak thats just brown, or even worse -- gray, all the way through.

Might as well eat some pork or pork chops or maybe som cabon or hunchen or gobbler.

XM radio rules.

• Members

Actually a friend of mine went through it and it didn't faze me one bit! I would rather never eat it again then blaspheme the good name of steak by ruining it with overcooking. Plus the only reason we get {censored} like ecoli is because so many of my fellow Americans are {censored}ed up germaphobes. Other countries have ecoli, they just don't get sick from it because their bodies actually can fight a disease without unneccisary anti-biotics. And living in the NW, you KNOW all the clean freaks out here.

Remember after the ecoli scare, Red Robin wouldn't cook your meat medium rare unless you signed the check? Funny {censored}.

• Members

In Charleston, South Carolina, there is a restaurant called Breck's. It is just a small restaurant in a strip mall, nothing fancy. But I can get a 38 ounce sirloin- half I eat and half I take home- plus whatever my wife eats for less than $30.
I ate a $9.00 sirloin tonight that I cooked myself. Though I prefer ribeyes and New York strips. But the sirloins looked particularly good today.
My favorite steakhouse though is Frankie & Johnny's in Manhattan. A meal for two can cost $100. And the steak is really big and tastes really good. But the service is top notch.

• Members

And ANOTHER thing goddammit! The secret used to be good slow grilled flank and now it's popular and it's expensive again!:mad: :mad:

The price of my homemade Carne Asada is now through the roof and I blame the Cooking Network.

BTW jcn, I'm currently slamming Vodka and Cranberry juice so I'm not far behind your drunk ass.

• Members
Originally posted by yaz75

And ANOTHER thing goddammit! The secret used to be good slow grilled flank and now it's popular and it's expensive again!
:mad:
:mad:

The price of my homemade Carne Asada is now through the roof and I blame the Cooking Network.

BTW jcn, I'm currently slamming Vodka and Cranberry juice so I'm not far behind your drunk ass.

Carne Asada is for dirty immigrants!!!!*

*Please note this line is a reference to the week-long debates about the effect ofd illegal immigration on Amerincal culture/politics/economy/grass lenght. For the record, I have had an extremely progressive and pro{+mex stance all week and my fiance is a{censored}ing crybabyoopsdfidIsay nevermindf. Anyways, I was just kiddiong.

• Members

I never understood going to a restaurant and getting a steak. Its one of the few things you can cook at home just as good as you get eating out. Just bring them home from the grocery store. Throw them on the grill. then eat. No {censored}ing recipe involved.
Cheaper that way too.
When I go out to eat i want something i can't make at home so easy.
Like jambalaya, lazagna,kidney pie or something.

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

I ordered it medium rare, and it was rare as {censored}.

Was it a warm red center or a cool red center? Rare is where the center is still cool, while medium rare the center is warm(forgive me if you know this already). A steak can be medium rare and still be pretty damn bloody as long as it's warm in the middle.

Archived