Have you ever let a girl come between you and a friend? Break up a band?

jcn37203

• Members

I have, it sucked.

Though the "friend" was a total loser. Also the drummer for my band.

The band kicked him out, which was kind of wrong because he put the band together to begin with and got all of our regular gigs for us.

Then we got a new drummer, who was technically better but was just a weird guy. It was never the same again. Plus I inherrited all of the old druimmer's problems.

Ahh, to be young again.

• Members

This doesnt have anything to do with a banmate, but my friend and i went to canada for spring break and to make a long story short, he screwed me over, and told me that it was more important to try to get some from a girl there than to keep our friendship. He never got any, still to this day has never had a girlfriend and is a 21 year old virgin. People can be very stupid............

• Members

Yep. Sometimes it was mine. John Lennon isn't the lone ranger. :D

I just wrote a long ass story but realized you probably didn't want to hear it. Then I realized it didn't even pertain too much to the subject. I'm sorry for almost wasting your time.

I remember as kids we were like "man, I'd never let some chick come between the band" But really....you know. If you're that age, your band probably sucks worse than you think it does. Go get your pecker slobbed on.

• Members

no, but one time i came between a girl and her friend ;)

booyakasha!

actually the bass player in my band started calling my ex who i'd gone out with for 3 years right after i broke up with her. i don't think he knows that i know and i've never mentioned it to him because it would just get ugly.

• Members

No. That has never happened to me. I have always had a thing for larger women, not super huge but larger than alot of dudes go for. And I haven't been in a situation when somebody else in the band was macking on my women nor was I ever macking on theirs. And I have been in alot of bands. Still am.

• Members

No, but we all made a decision not to invite this chick who tried out to play bass in our band. She was way too cute and one of us would probably have gotten involved in one way or another. It just wouldn't have been smart...

Definitely a good bass player though...

• Members
Originally posted by Roy Brooks

No. That has never happened to me. I have always had a thing for larger women, not super huge but larger than alot of dudes go for.

ah i was going to crack some joke, but we don't know each other and you might take offense...and you have way more posts than i do

:D :D :D

• Members

Originally posted by Roy Brooks

No. That has never happened to me. I have always had a thing for larger women, not super huge but larger than alot of dudes go for. And I haven't been in a situation when somebody else in the band was macking on my women nor was I ever macking on theirs. And I have been in alot of bands. Still am.

LOL....right on, man.

• Members

Welll....

Way back in the day, my best friend and I would hang out pretty much every day, etc. Then we met this girl, who was cool and attractive, and quite mature, and after a while she decides to break it to me and my friend that she's been sexually abused by the WAY older guy (she was 15, I was 15, my buddy was 17), and blah blah. So naturally being the nice guys we are, we all help her out, and it goes to the police and what not.

ANyways...this girls dad was INSANE, and had a gun, and now had an especially good reason to hate all males associated with his daughter, so we both told each other "Nah, I don't like her man," and then decided to lay off hanging out with her, as the situation was getting worse, and we would only make it worser...

Wellll....I come to find out a month or two after that, that he's been hangin out with her every day, never even mentioning to me, being real sneaky-like. I, of course, was in love with her. As was he. The difference was he had a car, and I did not. :o

Long story short, we got in a big gay argument, and didn't talk for two years, like I would walk in the same room as him at a party or somewhere, and people would be like "oh {censored}...".

Anyways, that lasted for two years, then he dumped her when she turned psycho and wanted his babies. Around that time, we both stopped being pussies and started hanging out a little...then we hung out a lot, and laughed at all the sobbing, "i want to marry you" messages the bitch would leave on his phone. :D

Then we started a band, and he's my good friend to this day.

That was a LONG time ago, and I've never let it happen since. We both laugh about it now, but man I almost strangled that guy to death on a few occasions. Of course it all seems super-retarded and immature now. :rolleyes:

Wow, what a long story. Bro's before Ho's people. Live the Dream.

• Members
Originally posted by Kestral

I'd kill any one of my friends for a slice of {censored}
:p

nice

I have had relationships put under strain from gigging... but never vice versa

other band members?

maybe, I don't get involved in their personal {censored}.

If a band breaks up it's ok by me. I'll just start/join another one.

• Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

If a band breaks up it's ok by me. I'll just start/join another one.

It's an important point.

Bands come and go, some people get too hung up on hanging around people they secretly think are assholes because you have to do it "for the band"

• Members

This happened last year. I met a girl I really really really liked (and still do to this day). I introduced her to a friend of mine at a gig. Now keep in mind this is a friend who I have bailed out of some HUGE jams. For you rednecks, we're talking your pickup truck with a confederate flag in a huge muddy ditch with your cow in the back and sinking fast kind of jam.

Anyways, he went behind my back and got her email from a mass email that was sent to my circle of friends and tried to ask her out (turned down).

That was enough for me to say {censored} HIM.

Simply put, I do not suffer fools gladly and disloyalty means banishment. I have no room for people that even think about doing something behind my back.

• Members

Definitely let a girl break up my old band. She sang. She sucked. I liked her. Chris liked her. I quit. He quit. We took our drummer and started a new band with a guy who was currently dating this girl. He dumped her. This band has been together for 9 years.

I just quit.

• Members

Simply put, I do not suffer fools gladly and disloyalty means banishment. I have no room for people that even think about doing something behind my back.

Word.

• Members

For you rednecks, we're talking your pickup truck with a confederate flag in a huge muddy ditch with your cow in the back and sinking fast kind of jam.

I take it you didn't read my post yesterday about your lame ass stereotypes.

I'm going to give you a demerit for every lame {censored}ing stereotype you make from now on.

Stereotypes are fine. Just be funny.

• Members

Anyways, he went behind my back and got her email from a mass email that was sent to my circle of friends and tried to ask her out (turned down).

That was enough for me to say {censored} HIM.

I think you're framing this whole thing too simply; your friend emailed a girl you like (notice you said "like", not "were {censored}ing" or "brought home to mama") a year ago, and you dropped him on his ass for being presumptious?

If you weren't putting the screws to your ladyfriend, he was obliged to try. lighten up, man. it's not like either of you had sex with her, and if you cast him out of your life so firmly for doing something so banal, well, that's your bag and i'm not gonna be overly judgemental about it. :)

but i can still think you were both pussies for not sleeping with her. :D

• Members
Originally posted by auditorium

I think you're framing this whole thing too simply; your friend emailed a girl you like (notice you said "like", not "were {censored}ing" or "brought home to mama") a year ago, and you dropped him on his ass for being presumptious?

If you weren't putting the screws to your ladyfriend, he was obliged to try. lighten up, man. it's not like either of you had sex with her, and if you cast him out of your life so firmly for doing something so banal, well, that's your bag and i'm not gonna be overly judgemental about it.
:)

but i can still think you were both pussies for not sleeping with her.
:D

I got way farther than he did :p

• Members

I got way farther than he did
:p

You know, I was driving down a highway in North Carolina once, and my father pointed out a pair of oppossoms that had attempted to cross the road. One lay smashed on the edge of the asphalt, while the other was smeared across two lanes of traffic.

Not sure why this story came to mind because of your comment, but it might be because while you got farther than your friend, you both failed. :Shrug: :confused:;)

Archived