Ebay madness!! Super expensive OD pedal.

fuzzbox

• Members
Originally posted by bieke

hmmm, looks very Landgraff-ish, so it's gotta be expensive

people compare it to a TS-9, noticeable mid hump, but also to a Hermida Zendrive

:confused:

I found a soundclip

tONESPOTTER

there were only 50 CJOD pedals made

so who is this Clay Jones guy and what does he build:confused:

• Members

stupid that something becomes so expensive just because he only built 50 of them....

landgraff, wasnt that the biggest scam in the history of fx ? its a hotrodded tubescreamer, easy as hell to mod one.
maybe the dba TSA was an even bigger scam...

• Members
Originally posted by ollenorin

stupid that something becomes so expensive just because he only built 50 of them....

landgraff, wasnt that the biggest scam in the history of fx ? its a hotrodded tubescreamer, easy as hell to mod one.

maybe the dba TSA was an even bigger scam...

I played the Langraff and it's actually pretty sweet but its still too much money for me. But this is 2x a Landgraff:eek:

• Members

Clay Jones is a true gentleman who agreed to make a few pedals for the Gearpage people. This is not his job so he set a limit on 50 pedals.

Clay wrote recently on the Gearpage forum;

"Guys, I'm not a businessman builder and I just don't want to be. There are plenty of those around who build great things. I was just simply asked to do a couple of pedals for the guys on the Gear Page...I thought initially it would be maybe 5 or so. The 5 turned into 50. I didn't like the idea of "the list of 50" in the first place but there was just no other way to organize it. Personally, it always gave me the cheesy feeling that it was 1977 all over again and I was the puffed up, self important doorman standing outside of Studio 54 deciding on who was going to get inside to disco and do poppers with Bianca Jagger. Yeah, man that bad...

So yes, there will only be so many of these done and then I'd like to do a photo essay/build type thing so whoever wants to either build it or have someone else build if for them can. When that time comes and someone doesn't want to build it or can't then I would gladly recommend to them several guys who could do it for them. I'm hoping this can tame the resale prices some...."

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86305&perpage=15&highlight=clay%20jones&pagenumber=2

• Members

There is just no way that pedal is worth that.

I hope it was bid so high because the profits go to the grear page but really now is that pedal $600 dollars better then just about every overdrive on the market? Is it made from magic dust and the tears of the Norse God Odin? No.

• Members

Originally posted by EL KABONG

if memory serves. clay is an avionics wizard that made a run of fifty holy grail spongey yet crisp OD pedals

Hmmmm... is this 'avionics wizard' by any chance a former fighter pilot, too? If so, I might know him.

• Members

Funny how all of you are concerned with the high ebay price of the CJOD and nobody seems to notice the rather radical plans of Clay Jones;

"So yes, there will only be so many of these done and then I'd like to do a photo essay/build type thing so whoever wants to either build it or have someone else build if for them can. When that time comes and someone doesn't want to build it or can't then I would gladly recommend to them several guys who could do it for them. I'm hoping this can tame the resale prices some...."
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sh...es&pagenumber=2

Archived