UGH! what an aweful day... I am going to bed...

hangwire

• Members

... it feels pretty crappy when you have to go through a day like today... I think I just need to go to bed... good news is I cut another $200 from the wedding today, bad news is my faince' is not going to get to go to teh one place she really wante dto go ....

• Members
Originally posted by SUPER_VELCROBOY

can't you just delay the wedding or something. If money is important, maybe it's better to hold it a couple of months later... just a thought.

not when everything is paid for... it is more about the reception when we get back... as that is paid right after the reception ends... and needs to be paid in full... so just making cuts and trying to sell my gear to get it to work... like i mentioned before... I never like to count on other people's money... and this is why... family falls through after reapeated times telling them i don't want to accept the money, and repeated times being assured that it is safe on OK to count on them.... i am sorry, I am just pissed a bit...

• Members

how about taking out an emergency loan from the bank? or put it on your credit card, and pay back later.

i don't think the bank will offer a loan, and we already used the credit cards to help on this matter as much as they can be... trust me... i woudln't be selling my ring mod and guitars/everything and everything if I didn't already exhasust all other options...

• Members

wtf?

Maybe your fiancee should learn to face reality. If she can't afford to go somewhere, then she can't. What's she going to do? Throw a frigging hissy-fit? Get a bank loan way above her means? Makes no sense to me.

I say {censored} weddings. Just get married, go where you want to go and do it for yourselves, no need for the dog and pony show.

• Members

Originally posted by Kestral

wtf?

Maybe your fiancee should learn to face reality. If she can't afford to go somewhere, then she can't. What's she going to do? Throw a frigging hissy-fit? Get a bank loan way above her means? Makes no sense to me.

I say {censored} weddings. Just get married, go where you want to go and do it for yourselves, no need for the dog and pony show.

it is not a big dog and pony show... we are getting married on money we saved over the last 4 years, very small, under $5000 to take a trip and honeymoon... the issue is with the reception and the fact that we planned that with a budget we stayed under, only to have the budgeted amount disappear 2 weeks before it is happening and people are coming. no hissy fits... it just sucks and we are going to do the best we can... everything else is paid for except that bill we are going to be handed after the reception... and we have 2 weeks to figure out how to pay for it... and honestly... I think we have done a great job cutting and cutting to amke it work... but it still sucks...

• Members

wtf?

I think I can pretty safely say that nobody wants to hear your opinion on this.

• Members

Just remember, a wedding just a symbol, the symbol is not the thing. The more important thing is the love between you and your financee. The wedding day is just some arbitrary made up symbol that like Christmas, has made people forget what the more important thing is and what it's all about.

btw, I have to ask, wtf? $5000 USD is a lot of money. You can pretty much go anywhere for two people with that much money. Maybe you should be looking for a better deal, look for another travel agent that may be able to accomodate where your fiancee wants to go on your quite substantial trip budget.

• Members
Originally posted by Merkin

I think I can pretty safely say that nobody wants to hear your opinion on this.

Why don't you take that U47, unsheathe it from the body so that the VF14 tube is exposed, and then shove it up your ass and power it up until it fuses your ass to what little brains you have, you kangaroo {censored}ing {censored} :p

• Members

Just remember, a wedding just a symbol, the symbol is not the thing. The more important thing is the love between you and your financee. The wedding day is just some arbitrary made up symbol that like Christmas, has made people forget what the more important thing is and what it's all about.

btw, I have to ask, wtf? Ok, so you mentioned that there was $2500 promised that didn't come through. Yet from what I understand, with that money you're looking at $5000 total. So you're saying after all that time you've been engaged you've only saved $2500?
:confused:

no $5000 is what we saved over 4 years... and that is paid out for everything wedding related and there is not too much we can do with that except not do some of teh activities or see teh natural sites which cost a bit more to get to when we are on honeymoon...

the $2500 was bugested money that family was to give so we could do a reception for people to attend back in the states... that money never materialized ... basically we have 75 people we invited to celebrate our marriage in a nice get together in 2 weeks... and we are cutting and scrimping because you can just serve crackers and mustard to peopel coming from 800 miles away to a party you asked them to attend...

• Members

btw, I have to ask, wtf? $5000 USD is a lot of money. You can pretty much go anywhere for two people with that much money. Maybe you should be looking for a better deal, look for another travel agent that may be able to accomodate where your fiancee wants to go on your quite substantial trip budget.

you edited your post :p

can you figure out a way for us to get that money back from the travel agent which was paid in full last october? I really don't think that would work in any situation...

it is a hell of a deal for as long as we are gone and as much as we get...

...anyway... laters...

• Members

kestral, you know how it is man. You say all that matters is love and money is not important, but it's just not that simple. I certainly think like that, but when you get marry, you marry other thigns like parents, friends, family blacksheep, debt, problems, etc.

• Members

kestral, you know how it is man. You say all that matters is love and money is not important, but it's just not that simple. I certainly think like that, but when you get marry, you marry other thigns like parents, friends, family blacksheep, debt, problems, etc.

I guess that's why I'm not married.

But seriously, I would never marry a girl in debt. If she can't get her {censored} together, then wtf? I had to work my ass off to get my {censored} together, I expect the same from the other person.

• Members

But seriously, I would never marry a girl in debt. If she can't get her {censored} together, then wtf? I had to work my ass off to get my {censored} together, I expect the same from the other person.

try a girl who went to medical school.

• Members

No, you're not married because you're an obnoxious asshole who can't get a girlfriend. Or had you forgotten ?

There was no need for you to start spouting your {censored} in this thread. Hangwire is having a hard time and needed to let off some steam, don't kick the guy when he's down.

• Members

our "wedding" is costing us $263 plus postage for the official marriage certificate. :D

• Members

Hey, A. Sorry to hear about it. Thing is, stuff like this happens just before big stuff. It's like a natural test, just to see how you work it out and deal with it. You're a bangup feller, so I know you'll handle it fine. Just try and relax as best you can (I know that's impossible and sounds imbecillic coming from someone not in your shoes), know that it's all about the love you two have, and things'll be fine.

• Members

Now it's the marriage that costs money ... just wait till the divorce!

Sorry, I'm European....

I see no reason at all to get married. If you love someone, absolutely beautiful. But why need the formalities?
And noone can really promise to love someone till death ... if that happens, beautiful indeed. ... but you simply can't promise, it doesn't work that way.

* Ticking with fingers on table, waitin' for someone called Merkin to respond ...*

Archived