I'm married :D

hangwire

• Members

...and it feels good to be back in the states, especially Milwaukee tonight. :D

I unfortunatley was delayed a day due to a storm over teh Carolinas yesterday, so I contacted a few peopel who have soem of my gear still coming to them... I apologize but they will go out 1st thing Tuesday morning... long holiday weekend and all.

It was a cool ceremony, great time, and a fun trip overall. :)

• Members

Married in Montego Bay, Jamaica and honeymooned in Negril, Jamacia... I have gotten somewhat good at teh digital cam, so yes, lots of pics... but maybe tomorrow after settling in I'll hook it up to download to teh computer. We really missed our dog, so he is pretty much getting too much attention until tomorrow :D

Negril was amazing... if anyone is going to jamacia, I strongly suggest as Atomic Jeff has said before... Negril is the place to be... much more laid back atmosphere. We had some great drivers... did the mayfield waterfalls upsteam walking tour one day which our driver also turned into a nice tour of the Cockpit Country including a local school house with soem really cool kids... teh other day we had the same driver and toured and tasted the Appleton Estates Rum plantation [and brought some overproof rum back ;) ;) ] which included soem stops at local peantut porrige pots and roadside pepper shrimp 5 minutes from the ocean to your mouth...

• Members

Congrats to the both of you!

I've been married 20 yr's. The only thing I can tell you is ...Never let the sunset on an argument. If you feel like you're giving more than you are taking, you are doing your share. Best of luck to the both of you! Cheers...:D

• Members
Originally posted by DaSkip

Congrats to the both of you!

I've been married 20 yr's. The only thing I can tell you is ...Never let the sunset on an argument. If you feel like you're giving more than you are taking, you are doing your share. Best of luck to the both of you! Cheers...
:D

In addition to that, the best piece of advice I was ever given in the married life subject: Pick your battles.

Nuf' Said.

• Members

A friend of mine just got married. He says things have changed.

For example:

1. Whenever he used to say anything that his then-fiancee disapproved of, she just made a face and kept quiet. Now that the ring is on the finger, she's back-talking :mad:

2. Apparently she isn't working as hard in the sack or doing as many of the cool things in the sack as she used to do.

3. She's nagging him to clean up after himself, he says it's like living with mom all over again.

I have been warned to never married. All I can say to the above is DOH!

• Members

Originally posted by murtaghstyle

In addition to that, the best piece of advice I was ever given in the married life subject: Pick your battles.

Nuf' Said.

So true. Before responding during a "dispute", remember these words: "Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?".

Most of the time the dispute is over something so trivial it's not even worth it. If it doesn't cost you tons of money or set the house on fire - just let it go....

• Members
Originally posted by paulandpaul

congrats brotha.

let's see some pics:)

maybe later today I'll hook up the camera... but the thought of openly putting up pics here kinda scares me a bit.... seeing as most of the pics are her in a bikini/swimwear... I would hate for perverting some of you/having her perverted :p:D

• Members
Originally posted by TheAtomicJeff

So true. Before responding during a "dispute", remember these words: "Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?".

Most of the time the dispute is over something so trivial it's not even worth it. If it doesn't cost you tons of money or set the house on fire - just let it go....

being a therapist... this general and simple rule of thumb is one I advice, and also abide by

• Members
Originally posted by Kestral

For example:

1. Whenever he used to say anything that his then-fiancee disapproved of, she just made a face and kept quiet. Now that the ring is on the finger, she's back-talking
:mad:

2. Apparently she isn't working as hard in the sack or doing as many of the cool things in the sack as she used to do.

3. She's nagging him to clean up after himself, he says it's like living with mom all over again.

obviously being only a week into it, nothing has changed... she is going to return some clothes she didn't wear in Jamaica and run soem errands in a relaxed pace... while she will be dropping me and a friend off in about an hour to go to the Brewers game at 1pm...

• Members
Originally posted by Kestral

For example:

1. Whenever he used to say anything that his then-fiancee disapproved of, she just made a face and kept quiet. Now that the ring is on the finger, she's back-talking
:mad:

Meh, obviously he married the wrong girl then. I've been hitched for over a year, and it only keeps getting better. ;):o

Archived