Do you have frienemies?

jcn37203

• Members

Originally posted by Central Scrutinizer

i have a couple. i try not to go anywhere near them, but they keep hanging around.

Yeah, exactly.

Plus there are some people who reflect certain aspects of my personality, and it's frustrating to not be able to hang out with them. Like, the part of me that is a total geek and keeps up with tech news and gets excited about new versions of programming languages and {censored}. I can't really talk about that stuff with too many people. So when the person who has that in common with me is a dick, it's frustrating because I either have to put up with it, or just not talk about that stuff.

• Members

I have one through a real friend. It's a woman in Nashville who I only briefly knew, superficially. She is the most astoundingly self-centered and arrogant rich-society airhead that she's actually fun to watch from a distance. She'll do things like take a vacation to some very expensive place and then post 200 pictures of herself smiling in front of the scenery; or brag in e-mails about how much money and how many gifts her latest boyfriend has given her. She has no clue that she's a living horror movie for everyone around her.

• Members

I know one guy... reading his blog is like watching a train wreck.

Like this past month... in a period of about 72 hours, he met a girl, started dating her, fell in love with her, and decided he was going to move to the other side of the state to live with her (and her daughter), opena business together and live happily ever after.

One week later, she dumped him, and he said he was going to wait for her until she came around.

48 hours later he was over her, and excited because a friend was going to introduce him to some other girl at a party this weekend.

God...

And this dude is like 27 years old.

• Members

Originally posted by Thelonius

yes

Ideally, this thread would include stories and examples so that we might all relate to one another and possibly get a good laugh, or a good story to tell to our real life friends as if they were our own.

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

Ideally, this thread would include stories and examples so that we might all relate to one another and possibly get a good laugh, or a good story to tell to our real life friends as if they were our own.

That dude the other day got pissed when a girl wouldn't answer his yes or no question...and you've been talking about punching people with rocks. I'm just trying to mind my Ps & Qs.

I always get paranoid someone's going to see my posts and be like "dude....I can't believe that {censored} you wrote about me!!"

• Members

Originally posted by Filterbank

Any friend of mine who had a blog would quickly become a frienema or whatever that lame term is.

Frienemy.

It's a Seinfeldism.

I'm sure Seinfeld is also too lame for you. But I just thought you should know.

• Members

Originally posted by Filterbank

Now don't get hurt like I insulted you personally. And don't make assumptions about what I like and don't. Though I am pretty bored of Seinfeld.

Personally, I really hate Seinfeld reruns. I liked the show alright when it was new, now I'm sick of it.

Though I do recognize the relevance of the Seinfeldism in modern culture.

Frienemy will be in the dictionary some day... just you wait.

• Members

I click past Seinfeld reruns as fast as I do Full House episodes, though there's more wank material on Full House. I love the show when it was on, Thursday was a great TV night in those days. And yes, yada yada, soup nazi, {censored} like that was funny 10 years ago. Frienemy? So is a frienema a colonic administered by someone you know and like? Because with the openess of our world increasing, that's going to be in the dictionary too.

Archived