Behold ... Elliot Damage's Oberheim S/H Filter Clone (Pics, Review, and Clips)

ck3

• Members
cool!

!Aye carumba! The RoboPimp approves. :eek::cool:

The robotalk is pretty much the only pedal on sale that does this effect right?

Here are some other options:

Studio Electronics Modmax Filter
Alesis Philtre
Alesis Ineko
Digitech Hyper Phase
Digitech Turbo Flange
Boss GT-8
Roger Linn Adrenalinn
Prophecysound Inifinitphase MKII
Zvex Ooh Wah
Macbeth Moroco (?)
Sherman Filterbank (?)

great clips! i couldn't have done it better myself!
:p

Yeah, yeah ... :mad::p;) ... I wasn't even about to attempt syncing multiple tracks with the sample/hold filter ... or even the envelope filter.

• Members

Just to clear the air here, this pedal was built by Mightyquinn (builder of the WTF?!? Wah and the guy who reversed the Lovetone Ring Stinger). Elliot Damage got it in a trade from me. He had nothing to do with the design or modifications to this pedal, and unless he is planning on copying Quinns work without his permission his SHF pedal will not be the same thing. This is not at all a slight on ED, who did state that he didn't build this... it's just a clarification for those forumites who appear to think that he had something to do with designing/building this and that this is some sort of prototype.

• Members
Originally posted by cmloeffler

Just to clear the air here, this pedal was built by Mightyquinn (builder of the WTF?!? Wah and the guy who reversed the Lovetone Ring Stinger). Elliot Damage got it in a trade from me. He had nothing to do with the design or modifications to this pedal, and unless he is planning on copying Quinns work without his permission his SHF pedal will not be the same thing. This is not at all a slight on ED, who did state that he didn't build this... it's just a clarification for those forumites who appear to think that he had something to do with designing/building this and that this is some sort of prototype.

Thanks for the clarification ... I actually thought that his uncle built it for some reason. :confused:

• Members

Originally posted by ck3

Thanks for the clarification ... I actually thought that his uncle built it for some reason.
:confused:

No worries... I'm sure he didn't mean for it to come off that way, but I felt there wasn't enough distinction being made between something he aquired and something he is still trying to build. It's a great little pedal and Elliot seems like a great guy.

On a seperate note, MightyQuinn, the guy behind the pedal, is a freaking genius when it comes to building/modding/designing. He's shyed away from original builds as it takes a lot of time without PCBs and doesn't pay a lot of money in the end, but the few WTF?!? Wahs he built are all well loved and respected and his mods are so damned good that he has people turning in their entire collection of vintage Mutron IIIs to get modded and recalibrated. As a lover of filters and noise, I can tell you he's cooking up some VERY cool things in the near future.

• Members
Originally posted by cmloeffler

On a seperate note, MightyQuinn, the guy behind the pedal, is a freaking genius when it comes to building/modding/designing. He's shyed away from original builds as it takes a lot of time without PCBs and doesn't pay a lot of money in the end, but the few WTF?!? Wahs he built are all well loved and respected and his mods are so damned good that he has people turning in their entire collection of vintage Mutron IIIs to get modded and recalibrated. As a lover of filters and noise, I can tell you he's cooking up some VERY cool things in the near future.

:eek:

• Members

a couple more pedals that do sample and hold

Alesis Faze
Studio Electronics ModMax Phaser
Studio Electronics ModMax Ring Mod

... and you can create all sorts of weirdness in the Moog pedals when you use the CP251 Control Processor to generate a Sample and Hold signal.

• Members

Originally posted by The Tortoise

Elliott, how much did you pay Shad for that pedal? Those sounds are sick, I'd love to have one... if you don't want to post it here, please PM it to me or something. Thanks!

He didn't. he got it in a trade from me. I bought it from him a while ago. If you are interested you can PM him, but I can tell you that he built it for me as a favor and he has repeatedly made it clear that he's not too big on doing a bunch of original builds (profit vs. build time) and that he can make much more money for much less time with mods. However, he'll build anything if you make him a good enough offer... just don't expect it cheap!

• Members

Ok, i'm home from work.

*DISCLAIMER*
i appoligize to anyone who thought that i built this pedal. I never intended for that to even seem the case. I did say it was not built by me.

Though i am building a sample/hold for my own interest it has nothing to do with this pedal and is based soley on the original schematic. It is much more simple as i dont possess the know how to design something like this. This pedal is in no way a prototype for anything i am building. I do not intend to sell any commercially anytime in the near future.

i am a novice and everthing i build is for my own education and entertainment.

This pedal was not sold by me, but infact loaned in exchange for a Glitch Computer. I don't sell or build this pedal and never stated that i did. sorry for any confusion.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived