Behold ... Elliot Damage's Oberheim S/H Filter Clone (Pics, Review, and Clips)

ck3

• Members

It's a bird, it's a plane ... it's a prop from an abandoned Clive Barker horror film ...

damagefilter.jpg

I recently made an agreement with Elliot Damage. I let him borrow my Glitch Computer in exchange for a pedal of equal value. Of the options I was provided, his Oberheim Sample/Hold Filter Clone struck me as the most appealing. The descriptions in his PMs provided me with a general idea of what the pedal would look like and how it would function. I was expecting a 9-knobbed, 3-switched filtration-spewing monstrosity, and that is exactly what I picked up at the post office today.

The design motif is "unique" to say the least. Decorative flair is minimal, aside from the quarters that have been gouged through to serve as jackmounts. There is also a large cavity on the front of the chassis that appears to have been designated as a battery compartment. In addition, there four other small holes in random areas. If this pedal is a work in progress, I definitely see plenty of potential for feature expansion.

For the time being, the unit is AC power only. The majority of the knobs affect how the envelope filter operates and a few of them control the sample hold filter. The leftmost switch toggles between the two filter modes, the middle is the bypass, and the one on the far right reverses the direction of the envelope filter.

I have only spent a few hours with this pedal, so I have not come near realizing its full potential ... or devising any solid clip material.

Stay tuned .... ;) ...

[EDIT:] Here are the clips ...

http://www.oddworldz.com/ck3clips/Oberheimcloneclips/

• Members

Speaking of "around that area" lookit how many fx makers are from the Baltimore area!!:D

Dave Barber
Alf Hermida (moved to Florida :( )
Geoff Bryant of BARGE Concepts (moved to noo Yawk :( )
and now Elliott Damage, king of the sample and hold.

:cool::D

• Members
Originally posted by BmoreTele

Speaking of "around that area" lookit how many fx makers are from the Baltimore area!!
:D

Dave Barber

Alf Hermida (moved to Florida
:(
)

Geoff Bryant of BARGE Concepts (moved to noo Yawk
:(
)

and now Elliott Damage, king of the sample and hold.

:cool::D

don't hype me up! :)
i'm just having fun! maybe one day i'll build some stuff that isn't for me.

• Members
Originally posted by BmoreTele

Just doing a little hometown bragging.
;)

Damn right - Bawlmer, represent.

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

i want to find an efficiently sized case.

Other than possibly that cutout (battery compartment?), it looks like it should fit in a 1590DD. I think SmallBear has a non-Hammond alternative for around $10

• Members
Originally posted by marfue179

we want soundsssssssss , we want noizzzzzzzzzzz

I had a bit of technical difficulty with data formats and whatnot, but managed to persevere ... here are the clips I promised:

http://www.oddworldz.com/ck3clips/Oberheimcloneclips/

I have to apologize for pop-ups and such in advance. The only hosting option for me was my free one ... mainly because I couldn't find my Roadrunner FTP info ... :o ... anyhoo, the ads on the above site can easily be avoided with even the most simple pop-up blocking software, so surf with confidence. :)

Feel free to ask questions, comment, etc. :D

• Members

Originally posted by joe_lechuza

Holy crap, i think i need to change my underwear... sample and hold is so cool..

The robotalk is pretty much the only pedal on sale that does this effect right?

I think one of them there zvex pedals does dat too.

Archived