Hey Digitech dude come in for an asskicking

RoboPimp

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by dougsthang

Dude,

In regard to your GNX and repairing it. It sounds like it's out of warrenty. How are you with a solder gun? It just a simple switch under the foot pad that you can take out and solder the new switch in. If your not comfortable with doing that we can send you the switch and you can take it to a local repair shop and they can install it.

Is it the same pad each time or different ones that are acting up?

Am I crazy, or does this sound like the solution?

Robosquiggle, there is a raging flamefest going on in the amp forum regarding Bob Savage. Report immediately...

• Members

Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

Am I crazy, or does this sound like the solution?

Robosquiggle, there is a raging flamefest going on in the amp forum regarding Bob Savage. Report immediately...

It's a bad solution, personally, only a new GNX would be the right solution but I know that won't happen...

and no way am I getting involved in that moronic crap over there in the AF.

• Members

Your going to have to do better than that, I've been posting on forums for years.

How can we help you resolve your issue?

A real answer not some lame "I'm safe in my sister's room on her computer so I can be a dick to anyone" answer

I like this.

It's annoying the way company reps always handle everything with mickey mouse gloves.

• Members

Originally posted by blaghaus

Doug came here of his own volition, not on an errand from Digitech. He said he will help in any way he can. Treating him like a POS will mean he will leave, or will be wary to help anyone, which makes this place poorer for it.

he still works for the company and is representing them - on his own volition.

he can be a little more diplomatic. the world is full of dick head customers - the companies don't have to go down to there level. they should be a little more professional. this guy is not helping his companies image at all - whether he came here on his own or not.

• Members

Originally posted by pedalpat

he still works for the company and is representing them - on his own volition.

he can be a little more diplomatic. the world is full of dick head customers - the companies don't have to go down to there level. they should be a little more professional. this guy is not helping his companies image at all - whether he came here on his own or not.

You've got it wrong. This is a forum where we exchange information about pedals and effects. He's got an inside track and is using his position to help us, as customers of the company he works for. he doesn't have to do this, nor does he have to grin and bear it when someone acts like he owes them anything. he owes them nothing.

• Members

Robo,

Let's start over...

I am on here on my own behalf. I am a Sales Manager at Digitech and I do this on my own. All I'm trying to do is help. I offered a resolution to you.

Just be cool about it and I'll try and help you out. I've had my coffee now so I'm feeling better.

We sell thousands of units each month and rarely hear of issues like this. When we do we try and resolve them. Offering parts to help you out for a unti that's out of warranty is a step forward.

I'm just trying to resolve your issue here.

• Members

Ok, I have a question, why doesn't Digitech make GOOD stuff like IPS33B's and DHP33's and XP-300's anymore? Or on the DOD side of the business, why didn't they 100% clone the vintage gray DOD 250 (the YJM 308 sounds nothing like my DOD 250) and why not good pedals like the DOD 440, FX10 and instead, we have crappy pedals like the Clapton/Hendrix pedals and this:

DeathMetal.jpg

• Members

Robo,

Let's start over...

I am on here on my own behalf. I am a Sales Manager at Digitech and I do this on my own. All I'm trying to do is help. I offered a resolution to you.

Just be cool about it and I'll try and help you out. I've had my coffee now so I'm feeling better.

We sell thousands of units each month and rarely hear of issues like this. When we do we try and resolve them. Offering parts to help you out for a unti that's out of warranty is a step forward.

I think you're taking him too seriously :)

I like the Digidelay... good pedal

• Members

Originally posted by Kestral

Or on the DOD side of the business, why didn't they 100% clone the vintage gray DOD 250 (the YJM 308 sounds nothing like my DOD 250) and why not good pedals like the DOD 440, FX10 and instead

Valid... If there were reissue (true to the originial) OD250's, and Phasor201's, they'd sell like hotcakes.

I'd buy 2 OD250's right away... cool pedals

• Members

Ok, I have a question, why doesn't Digitech make GOOD stuff like IPS33B's and DHP33's and XP-300's anymore? Or on the DOD side of the business, why didn't they 100% clone the vintage gray DOD 250 (the YJM 308 sounds nothing like my DOD 250) and why not good pedals like the DOD 440, FX10 and instead, we have crappy pedals like the Clapton/Hendrix pedals and this:

DeathMetal.jpg

The problem is sourcing parts for older models. Our suppliers stop making them so you have to redesign and reengineer them.

Have you heard or played a Hendrix pedal? The thing is freakin' insane.

• Members

DeathMetal.jpg

the real answer:

because they make a {censored} load more money making hendrix and clapton pedals than they would by reissuing the space station.

• Members

Originally posted by paulandpaul

the real answer:

because they make a {censored} load more money making hendrix and clapton pedals than they would by reissuing the space station.

Thats only 50% of the answer IMO. no company will knowingly not put something on the market if they can make it.

• Members

I think the XP series were great ideas. Exp. pedals built in to effects, genius. But if you remember my board, you'll know that I loves me some expressions. I think a true bypass delay version of the XP would sell like crack in the late 80s.

• Members

ahh actually we'd make more with the Space Station...we don't pay royalties like we do with the Artist Series.

The issue is sourcing parts. All we can do is tip our hat to the past and move forward.

there are people cloning the space station as we speak. and doing so for very little overhead.

all they do is burn the eprom and put it in an old xp-100 case.

• Members

Robo,

Let's start over...

fair enough, honestly I'm grouchy because I feel stupid for even buying another digitech after this has happened so many times. So I guess it's my fault for thinking I might be able to keep this one clean and baby it and maybe it will last. Obviously that has nothing to do with it because it's happening again. I can't believe it's that rare because it happens to every one I've got... granted I do gig a lot and many places are dusty and dirty but that's really not an excuse in my mind. But what can I say. I like a lot of the other things about them...

also, I don't think there's any "switches" to replace? I think it's all build right into the circuit board?

I appologise for being abrasive, but you might imagine how it feels to be on stage stomping away on the digitech with nothing happening when I'm supposed to be drenched in singing distortion and delay. And the thing is only a year or two old or so. It's quite frustrating.

• Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

fair enough, honestly I'm grouchy because I feel stupid for even buying another digitech after this has happened so many times. So I guess it's my fault for thinking I might be able to keep this one clean and baby it and maybe it will last. Obviously that has nothing to do with it because it's happening again. I can't believe it's that rare because it happens to every one I've got... granted I do gig a lot and many places are dusty and dirty but that's really not an excuse in my mind. But what can I say. I like a lot of the other things about them...

also, I don't think there's any "switches" to replace? I think it's all build right into the circuit board?

I appologise for being abrasive, but you might imagine how it feels to be on stage stomping away on the digitech with nothing happening when I'm supposed to be drenched in singing distortion and delay. And the thing is only a year or two old or so. It's quite frustrating.

See, its not hard is it!

• Members

I hear you, it sucks when things don't work.

You are correct, the switch is on the top of a circuit board. It's pretty easy to get at. We've done this before with a few customers who had this issue. Do you want us to send you a few switches and see if that will help resolve thie issue.

PM your address and I'll have a few sent out

DMarhoffer@hmgsl.com

• Members

The problem is sourcing parts for older models. Our suppliers stop making them so you have to redesign and reengineer them.

And I'll bet pricing would be an issue, as well...

The DHP-33 kicks some serious ass, but I'll bet it would be priced about the same as some of the low-end Eventides if it was re-released (or if they released a next-generation harmonizer).

I do wonder about the DOD 250, though...

I mean, I found parts to mod my reissue to "vintage grey" 250 specs pretty easily...why not just do that initially, rather than selling YJM 350s and reissue 250s?

Any plans to reissue any of the other pedals from that era? Like the mini-chorus or 201 phasor or the 440 envelope filter? Some of those were pretty sweet...

I remember saying the same thing about reissuing the original script logo Phase 90 a couple of years back, and check out how well the EVH Phase 90s are selling now! You could make a killing selling 440 envelope filters...

:)

• Members

I hear you, it sucks when things don't work.

You are correct, the switch is on the top of a circuit board. It's pretty easy to get at. We've done this before with a few customers who had this issue. Do you want us to send you a few switches and see if that will help resolve thie issue.

PM your address and I'll have a few sent out

ok, i feel better now. everyone is being all professional and lovey and {censored}. peace.

good deal.

robo, thanks for the hug. I really needed it. i normally don't like it when men hug me, but yours felt different . . .

• Members

Have you heard or played a Hendrix pedal? The thing is freakin' insane.

yeah, insanely bad.

What's that noise like a long dead hippie rolling over and over???

Oh it's just jimi... ;)

thanks for the offer of letting me fix my own crap, a 2

• Members

At this point we are migrating the DOD pedals over into the DigiTech distribution channel under the Digitech name. The Grunge and the Death Metal were the first two to jump over.

We have modeled the 250 within the Digitech DF-7 pedal. Actually with the concentric pots on the DF-7 you have more tonal control than the original pedal. We had the guys from Guitar Player come out when we released the pedal and do a blind A/B test. They couldn't tell the difference.

There are definetly a few historic winners in the DOD pedal line up that will find there way over.

Archived