Anyone ever tried a Menatone...

Phil O'Keefe

• Members

I have a Menatone Fish Factory, which is a combined Snapper and BLue. The Snapper side is my #1 dirt tone for live use where it just cuts through perfectly - and it sounds great into the brilliant channel of my AC30, something unusual for sure. For recording I tend to go with smoother sounding pedals boosting amps for low/medium gain tones rather than use the Menatone, but it has been a godsend for live work.

• Members

the menatone JAC compressor is outstanding, and i'd have one if the barber tone press wasn't almost as good and half the price.

phil i visited your website and it looks like a great studio.

i run sound for Calvary Redlands.

would you happen to know rick thompson?

peace

:o Thank you.

I run sound for Calvary Redlands.

Cool! I have a couple of friends who used to attend there... I'm not sure if they still do or not, but I think they do. Do you know Brad and Laura Bischoff? Brad's a GREAT guitarist, and they're "good people".

I wouldn't say I "know" him, but I certainly know who he is. Thompson Engineering? Sweet Comfort Band? Rick used to have a studio here in Riverside, but I don't know if he's still got that up and running or not. I've met him once or twice, but it's been years, and I doubt he'd remember me, although he and I have some mutual friends / aquaintances... Paul Dexter being one. Paul also used to have a studio out here, but he's out by the beach now. He also used to (might still) do tour manager / FOH for Bryan Duncan, as well as doing recording for other people, and being in a fairly successful CCM band called "Mayfair Laundry" at one point. Last time I talked to Paul, he was doing a lot of post work for movies and so forth...

I noticed you're just over in Mentone. If you'd like to come by sometime for a visit, feel free to give me a holler. You can PM me or use one of the numbers on my websites. :)

• Members

Originally posted by mentoneman

the menatone JAC compressor is outstanding, and i'd have one if the barber tone press wasn't almost as good and half the price.

peace

check out my sig. I can make your dream a reality. :D I may go lower.

I totally agree with you about the Tonepress btw. Thats what i would have if I ever felt like I needed a comp again....Bang for your buck wise it's hard to beat...

• Members

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

:o
Thank you.

I run sound for Calvary Redlands.

Cool! I have a couple of friends who used to attend there... I'm not sure if they still do or not, but I think they do. Do you know Brad and Laura Bischoff? Brad's a GREAT guitarist, and they're "good people".

I wouldn't say I "know" him, but I certainly know who he is. Thompson Engineering? Sweet Comfort Band? Rick used to have a studio here in Riverside, but I don't know if he's still got that up and running or not. I've met him once or twice, but it's been years, and I doubt he'd remember me, although he and I have some mutual friends / aquaintances... Paul Dexter being one. Paul also used to have a studio out here, but he's out by the beach now. He also used to (might still) do tour manager / FOH for Bryan Duncan, as well as doing recording for other people, and being in a fairly successful CCM band called "Mayfair Laundry" at one point. Last time I talked to Paul, he was doing a lot of post work for movies and so forth...

I noticed you're just over in Mentone. If you'd like to come by sometime for a visit, feel free to give me a holler. You can PM me or use one of the numbers on my websites.
:)

brad and laura are friends of mine and live like 2 minutes away from me. brad rips alright, and he is currently on tour with another friend, rob easley.

both of them are regular worship leaders at calvary (the packinghouse)

there are two clips in my "my mojave clips" signature link down below, and in the "coyote funk" and "coyote clean" clips on my download site, brad is playing bass.

two weeks ago we had our new church bldg dedication, with guests greg laurie, don mcclure, and the tommy coombs praise team, and rick thompson was there with brian duncan to enjoy the ceremony. i was away on business.

rick still has his studio and handles some big names there every now and again.

do you know donovan stark?

i may take you up on the offer to check out your facility one day....

nice meeting you:)

• 11 months later...

Archived