Colour My World!

BillyWa

• Members

Don't paint it a shade of red unless you put down a primer coat of gray first or you will spend all of your time putting down coat after coat trying to cover the white and may never have any time for music again. Found that out the hard way.

• Members

Originally posted by SumDumGuy

Don't paint it a shade of red unless you put down a primer coat of gray first or you will spend all of your time putting down coat after coat trying to cover the white and may never have any time for music again. Found that out the hard way.

Shoot, I ain't gonna do it. Got a fellow musician who owns a painting company. I thought about red (like WLR iirc?). Something in Green, me thinks.

Maybe Nextel Black and Yellow!

• Members

Originally posted by kooki_sf

why spend time and money on painting a room when you could just use lights?

The paint job will cost me a case of cheap beer and the time to BBQ a few burgers!

Great idea, though, I'll have to put a few bucks into lights afterwards! :eek:

I just can't stand white walls... reminds me of my time in .... oh, nevermind. :evil:

• Members

You need a rope light or two, oil wheel, lava lamp(s) (essential) and maybe a laser pod or two :)

For a bit of additional colour/texture - hang light rugs on the wall - also serve as damping.

I actually prefer white in a studio for a simple practical reason - if I need to see behind things (connectors etc) with the main lights on - the white wall reflect light all over the place which makes seeing what you are doing alot easier.

Have a look here for lights - Im sure there are loads of similar stores in the US.

My studio lighting which is a bit temporary still. The red glow all round the desk is from a rope light. Various other light add colour here and there. Absolutely zero attempt to do anything fancy - its just fairly random but makes it a pleasent place to chill out and work in.

Archived