why are there no Maxon Ad-900 users?

Elliott Damage

• Members

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

damn echoczar.

i hate knowing i'll never have the best.

I don't know if you've ever heard of Tommy Emmanuel but he's used a humble Boss DD3 for most of his career (acoustic and electric) and he would smoke everyone's sound on this board by a very large margin. It's mostly how you use it that counts.

• Members

I absolutely love my AD900. If it's not your thing, fine, understandable, but if anyone's actually complaining about the sound of one as if it's hurting their tone, I really can't comprehend that beyond thinking they had a broken one. I'd love to have an Echoczar, too, but I'm not going to wait half a year to drop nearly a grand on a delay pedal when my DMM and AD900 are doing everything I need. The 900 has a definite analog character to it in that it's super rich, but the clarity between the delays and the clean tone of them make it a great unit for me - it's slowly surpassed my held-holy DMM as my most used delay in the past year in that it can be used anywhere from very subtle to soundscaping and always fits.

• Members

I have an AD900 and love it to bits...it does exactly what I want a delay to do....I'm not a huge delay user, but it sounds very nice indeed.

(delays I've owned before: morley emerald echo, DM2, DM3)

I'd like to mod it for TB, and also add an expression pedal jack in the near future.

:)

• Members

Originally posted by Cruachan

Personally I alternate between a Boss DD-2 and an original AD-9 depending on my mood. They do the job for me, and I personally wouldn't pay that much for the Maxon.

If it's an original AD-9 then you've already got a Maxon :p .

Archived