June/July new kit thread!

packrat

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hard to follow the M5, but I just ordered a couple more VCOs for my modular. Just got my temporary Expressionist too, so as soon as I put the VCOs together, I will have 4 voices of polyphony. :)

• Members

Definitely Departing:
Casio VZ-1

Possibly Departing:
Roland JD-800

Possibly Arriving:
Roland JD-990 w/Vintage Synth Exp.

Definitely Arriving:
Roland JD String Ensemble Card
DBX 223 Active Crossover
some cables

• Members

Bought it for $78, played with it for a few weeks and fixed the cracked endpiece...Ill sell it for a profit.

Its a cool little synth with a great keybed, but for what it does it takes way too much effort to program (for me, anyway). That one 'hoover' demo I posted a couple weeks back took hours to create. Fun, but too tedious for me.

With softsynths like this from White Crow:
http://www.mcrow.net/White%20Crow.htm

and the VPM Oscillators in my Z1, whatever I could do with the VZ1 is pretty well covered.

• Members

might be getting the V-synth keyabord... huh
... not much GAS anymore.... the one i wana GAS are all still too expesnive.... will wait for two more years
i'm happy with wat i have now anyway :p

but before that i would need to part with
CS6x
jd990
xp30
world/vocal SRjv

• Members

Well the 106 deal fell through - so looks like I'll carry on waiting for the right 60 to turn up... :)

In the meantime, picked up a Samson USB dynamc mic for sampling with the laptop. And going to invest in those analogue phaser units...

• Members
Originally posted by Mook

Well the 106 deal fell through - so looks like I'll carry on waiting for the right 60 to turn up...
:)

In the meantime, picked up a Samson USB dynamc mic for sampling with the laptop. And going to invest in those analogue phaser units...

Does it have to be a Juno? The JP can do all that and more. I want a Juno 60 too but I have to admit that this JP is growing on me.

• Members

Oh yes! I have enough VA covered in the Ti and V-Synth - and no analog poly.
:)

Robert L's got one. I was going to grab it next month or two. He's right around your block. ;)

• Members

You tease!

LOL!

Just give him a call and hit the train man. A mint Juno 60 just went for $550 on E-bay. As always with me and vintage synths in the US, the sellers timing is awful or some seller wants your ball sack for a vintage piece in any decent condition. In the UK, there are lots of good repair guys that restore vintage stuff.

• Members
Originally posted by Awake77

Definitely Departing:

Casio VZ-1

Possibly Departing:

Roland JD-800

If you are getting something new, make sure it is analog, old, with knobs. Anything, just not VA. The older, the better. I recently got Juno 60 and can't get enought of it. I like it so much that i consider Jupiter 6 as my next get. Big chance that i am selling AN1x. I just cant hear static sound of VA compared with the warm sound of Juno. If you plan Pro One, get it. Don't think twice. :)

Archived