June/July new kit thread!

packrat

• Members
Originally posted by Don Solaris

Solina + Phaser = Jarre

:)

well yes, esp with vintage small stone i also got, but moog offers a subtly different sound. more meaty and perhaps less "preocupying". on rare occasion i use it in straight chords or 3rd jarresque manner, i rather go for background hi string (mono) lines - reminiscent of many 70s music or more recently, french n disco house.

Cluster, i forgot to ask you - where did you pick it up?

from our buddy Damir. it was cheap. u should have picked that one in the ads up, as they easily reach over 500 EUR in EU, if in top shape..

here's my retro corner, lately i'm having a blast playing these two together:

DSC00910X_Solina-SH2.jpg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by packrat

So when do you get a K5000, Don Solaris?

I dunno. I'm in big troubles, man.... big troubles. Very low on money, and my coolant system in the car just became broken. Need to repair it ASAP. If i don't repair it, i can't go to the sea. Need to go to the sea, because i need to repair my uncle's PC. To repair it, i will give him my current PC (motherboard and cpu), that means i need to buy new PC (which is good thing, but that takes cash too). :freak:

I simply plan to watch local ads. If K-5000S comes in, i will pick it up. Im in no hurry, and it probably won't be via eBay due to high shipment fees (K-5000S). I also plan to pickup a TG-500.

• Members

Billy, to pull out maximum out of your A6, make sure you get one of these
:D
:

book_of_yogaimage.jpg

muhtar.jpg

...and a power lead.

...and an audio lead (or a pair of headphones)

Damn those cables, make advertising product photos look so crap! :D

• Members

Just bought it (local pickup):

11.jpg

To Clustechord: Hey, i bought it from that guy who was selling MS-20. You know that one you wanted to buy. Let me tell you, that MS-20 was MINT 101% (for museum!!!). He got it from the first owner, and that was some kid who got it new from his relative (or something like that). Anyway, he didn

• Members

Just picked up an Alesis QS7 in excellent shape for $350. While a little dated in terms of a sample playback synth, it's got a nice array of bread-and-butter sounds, and a nice 76-key synth-weighted action. It will be my piano/EP/organ, etc. for my duo gig. I will eventually use it to contol a rack of MIDI stuff... a couple of the things I've got my eye on are the E-Mu Vintage Pro and Obie Matrix-1000.

Any QS fans here? BTW, anyone know of a good editor/librarian?

• Members
Originally posted by Mook

Might be joining you in the Juno club Don - but a 106 (I know I know, I really want the 60 but the 106 does have midi and the one I've been offered is mint)
:)

Is it the one I gave to Panic Music before I left England?

I didn't have a suitable container for the transport of that one either so I let them have it.

• Members

hehe, Juno 60 has got DCB. And MIDI-DCB converter is one afternoon of work or less. :)

Still, i need to replace all electrolyte capacitors, put new battery (just in case) and replace main volume knob (this one makes loud cracks). Then it will be NEW.

• Members

These four synths were all bought during the last couple of months.

First, the backbone of my setup (I just love the size of that thing!):

Indigo.JPG

and my MS2000B:

MS2000.JPG

Recently got this one, but it needs a new battery, otherwise very good condition!:

P6d.JPG

and just picked this one up today. Have had 1 owner, immaculate condition and included an original Oberheim FS-7 swith pedal:

ober1.JPG

The world is a beautiful place :)

• Members
Originally posted by MuzikB

Is it the one I gave to Panic Music before I left England?

I didn't have a suitable container for the transport of that one either so I let them have it.

No - but you could have given that one to me!! :D

• Members

I picked up the Radias last week, sold The Source today. The more I get into the Radias the more I like it. I will miss The Source but with an AE and Mini D it just sat unattended.

• Members
Originally posted by Mook

No - but you could have given that one to me!!
:D

You weren't around. :confused:

Next time I build up a collection again and then have to let some go, you'll be the first on my list to unload excess gear on. :)

Archived