So how was your NFL opening day?

jcn37203

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yeah the bills did great.. only downside was only one touchdown and five fieldgoals

i think the bills have a good shot at being the #1 defense in the league this year... they were #2 last season and forced five turnovers, five sacks, and 120 total yards yesterday. they're brilliant to watch :cool:

i had to laugh watching david carr on tv afterward.. he looked like he'd seen a ghost. he said this is the best defense he's ever seen... how he was lost the whole game.. every adjustment they made the bills were all over it

0912sptcov_a.jpg

:D

• Members
Originally posted by TheAtomicJeff

We've been starving for a good QB for a number of years. Hopefully Drew can keep the team inspired.
;)

he'll be good as long as the offense can support him.. i think the problem here and also in NE was his lack of mobility. if you don't have a stout offensive line and backs that can block he's going to get murdered because he can take a lot of time to get rid of the ball. a lot of teams are getting away from the pocket passer type qb position and it became obvious he's not going to play any other way so hopefully parcels builds around his best attributes which is sitting in the pocket throwing bombs

• Members

I will say, although the Titans lost miserably, they did show some signs.

I'm not predicting superbowl or anything, but they did score on their first drive, and not by any flukes, they punched the Steelers in the mouth hard on the first drive. And they continues to make yardage and control the clock.

They kept it together surprisingly well, considering they're the youngest team in the NFL, and most people are saying the Steelers are going all the way this year.

It came down, in my opinion, to several key turnovers in the redzone (*shakes fist at Travis Henry*, isn' t that why Buffalo let him go? :mad: ), and the defense's inability to stop the run. Which isn't surprising, considering most of the D line are rookies. When your opponent's running back is only ever being tackled by your secondary, there's a problem.

In short, it's going to be a hard season, I'm hoping they can learn a lot and get their {censored} together. I also hate that this could be McNair's last season. I wish he'd make a commitment or something. When he leaves, we're going to hit the skids, hard.

• Members

Mine was lovely (see the pic that Kevin posted).

J., I actually thought the Titans would put up a better game than they did. Maybe next year. The trouble with them is that if they're rebuilding, who knows how much longer McNair has....

I was glad to see Green Bay and Minnesota do so poorly. During all my years in Wisconsin, they tried and tried and tried to convert me to a Packers fan (same with my years in MN with the Vikings), but I stood firm, and actually I think my hatred grew. Thing is, I actually sort of like the Packers when they do poorly; they're sort of lovable then.

And as Pal, also said, don't talk to me about the Buckeyes. If I could, I'd hop on a plane and head down to Austin to beat up some hippies.

• Members

Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker

And as Pal, also said, don't talk to me about the Buckeyes. If I could, I'd hop on a plane and head down to Austin to beat up some hippies.

Somehow, there were no riots in Columbus after this one. The drunk white male college freshmen around here are really losing their touch. Don't they realize the plate-glass-replacement businesses in Columbus are counting on them?

• Members
Originally posted by jcn37203

It came down, in my opinion, to several key turnovers in the redzone (*shakes fist at Travis Henry*, isn' t that why Buffalo let him go?
:mad:
)

yeah sorry.. he's got fumbleitis :(

buffalo actually would've stuck with him had mcgahee not dropped in their laps... henry is a decent rb though, just seems to drop the ball once in a while at the worst possible times

• Members

Eli is for real. Plexico is sweet. This Brandon Rubin kid is going to be the perfect counter to Tiki. We have a really weak schedule-benefit of being 6-10 last year. The Giants should be 11-5, 10-6 with their schedule. The AFC is going to be brutal. It's going to be like last year when there will be 4 or 5 teams on the cusp of 8-8 to 10-6 battling it out for those last play off spots....and they'll all be better then most NFC playoff teams.

And the Titans did not show signs of being anything other then a team that's going to go 4-12. Stop fooling yourself.

• Members

Originally posted by palthegiraffe

Somehow, there were no riots in Columbus after this one. The drunk white male college freshmen around here are really losing their touch. Don't they realize the plate-glass-replacement businesses in Columbus are counting on them?

It's such a classy place now. Much more so than '68-'72 or so when my folks attended there. My mom said it was just nuts, especially around the time of Kent State. People would start fires just so they could throw bricks at the firemen when they showed up to put them out. My folks were probably the only two people there who never smoked weed or did that sort of stuff. They were what nowadays we would call "squares."

• Members

Howbout those Deeetroit Lions!

I was living in Michigan during Barry Sanders' amazing career, particularly when they looked like they might do something(a lot of people don't realize that the most productive offense in NFL history was the '97 Lions)...so I have a kind of Boston Red Sox lovable loser thing with them. But I was well raised as a NY Giants fan.

Archived