AOTD: Hey sweetheart, cool off...

• Members

This one of my faves as well. Obviously Quine's playing is fantastic -- the whole overbend thing he does. But I also think the lyrics are great and still funny and listenable. I also like the way Quine and Ivan Julian put together the fake intros for some of the songs (cf Lairs Beware, Blank Gen, etc.)

• Members

ya, elctmist: my dmm setting is bascially the shallow "bathtub reverb" delay bit (7o-clock-ish) with just a little bit of vibrato (again 7-ish) and feedback at 9-ish. Signal coming in has a good bit of compression (nothing special here, just a cs-3), and stoked up to just before any grain starts to show by a modded blues driver, and then I bend the {censored} out of the strings and hit it with the tip of the pick+fingers to get as many of them octaves-up harmonic squawks as possible. Amp driven pretty hard already. I think if i put the amp itself in a bathroom and bought a strat (I do this with a tele custom on the bridge pickup), it'd be pretty close.

• Members

Originally posted by moonhead

ya, elctmist: my dmm setting is bascially the shallow "bathtub reverb" delay bit (7o-clock-ish) with just a little bit of vibrato (again 7-ish) and feedback at 9-ish. Signal coming in has a good bit of compression (nothing special here, just a cs-3), and stoked up to just before any grain starts to show by a modded blues driver, and then I bend the {censored} out of the strings and hit it with the tip of the pick+fingers to get as many of them octaves-up harmonic squawks as possible. Amp driven pretty hard already. I think if i put the amp itself in a bathroom and bought a strat (I do this with a tele custom on the bridge pickup), it'd be pretty close.

Cool, best not to get *too* close right?

Archived