Wah with Greatest Sweep?

Six Degrees

• Members

Hey everyone-

I'm on the prowl for a new wah and I'd love one with:

A huge sweep. I really like a lot of lows when I'm in the heel down/toe up position, if possible.

True Bypass

Fasel Inductor

Durable case

Tweakability

Those are the main things. I've heard that the Holy Grail of wahs is the RMC3 by Teese, but that's a tad pricey, I think. Or is it worth it? I'm open to anything at this stage. Thanks!

-SD

• Members

Hey-

Automagic-

Silver Machine Wah-

One killer wah, true/bypass and switchless. All stainless steel. Has a bunch of sifferent settings, Has a switch to use it as a filter effect. Outputs on both sides. Flip out feet for screwing it down to your pedalboard. Blue LED.

The Best wah I have ever owned. I had a ton of others. Its worth every penny!

• Members

+1 for the automagic... i think it's better than the rmc3.

at the moment i'm using the dunlop 105q bass cry baby. therefore it's for bass it has a lotta lows what i like. but the highs are not that much (compared to a normal cryer). maybe you're looking for more.
i think i'll get a wah probe soon.

• Members

I got a thomas organ CA on ebay for $40. It's the most vocal wah I've played. I took off the rubber feet to give it more sweep. TDK inductor, but not TB. You can always have it modded for $35.

Also check out the new Homebrew Electronics Wah. HBE makes some great pedals and they're very reasonably priced for TB boutique pedals.

• Members

Originally posted by seifukusha

great wah, similar to the wah probe in sound, really soft

how about the snarling dogs thingy? i heard thats way voal, jeff beck has one, right?

i like the snarling dogs sound but if you see the reviews they're not very reliable. but there is mentioned that there was an old production which broke fast and a new now which is better.

my first choice is:

zvex wah probe (because there is no pedal to move.. just your foot)

my second choices would be between:

automagic silvermachinge

colorsound wah

• Members

after owning a bunch of wah's (vision wah, picture wah, silvermachine ea) the zvex is my still favorite. im lookin for an other wah though. i understood the parachute wah had reliability problems and is very expensive. the area 51 looks interesting. i also checked out the HBE site, looks nice also, but the soundfiles put me of a bit.

• Members
Originally posted by Six Degrees

Alright. That's WAAAAY out of my price range. I'm really looking for something equal to or less than the RMC 3 by Teese (ie. approx. $280 or less). Thanks for the suggestion, though. Maybe someday...

-SD

;)

I couldn't leave it unmentioned with a topic title like this.

I just use a Picture Wah.

Archived