Friends who are pricks.. !!!

Meliorative

• Members

I have a friend who has been quite the jerk recently, enough so that i wouldn't necessarily consider him my friend anymore. In the last six months he has completely changed, and in every petty argument that we have he insists that i am on the "path to destruction" or other such nonsense.

He is a very strict "conservative Christian," and likes to remind his girlfriend of her place, it seems. He's the kind of pompous male that thinks he's going to grow up to be a lawer, and that his girlfriend/wife should cook every meal, etc. Not only does she fix at least one meal every day for him, but she also has been trained to refill his glass with the tap of a finger - literally! He quickly taps the top of his glass two times, without any further acknowledgement, and she knows what to do. He does this mid-conversation.

She also is buying all of his groceries.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that he also plays head games with her, and abuses her mentally. He'll get upset, start yelling and slamming doors, and says things like "We have nothing in common, i don't know why we are even dating!" She starts crying, and later he tells her that he did it to show that he is dominant, or some other creepy/sick reason.

It's honestly sickening, and i don't know what to do about it. Anytime i bring it up, it is me who has changed, and me who is a jerk now.

This guy was honestly one of my best friends, i don't know what happened.

• Members

Originally posted by lou_weed

steal his girlfriend and dump him.

That would {censored}ing rule.

And yeah, I've got one of those jerk/friends.

In fact, Friday afternoon I finally had an epic email battle with him and let him know what a cock knocker he'd become.

After three salvos... he {censored}ing apologized.

I was floored.

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

That would {censored}ing rule.

And yeah, I've got one of those jerk/friends.

In fact, Friday afternoon I finally had an epic email battle with him and let him know what a cock knocker he'd become.

After three salvos... he {censored}ing apologized.

I was floored.

I've had a few email battles, and also in-person battles. Neither are fun.

He keeps telling me how i am going to hell, etc.

• Members

Originally posted by Meliorative

It's hard if you have a long history with the person, but I can tell you those situations never work themselves out.

At least not in the short term.

I say sever the ties.

• Members

Nothing would feel as good and repeatedly smashing your fist into his face while telling him how wrong he has been, and reminding him that his {censored}ing savior ha snothing to do with helping him now...

...but then there are repercussions after this is done... so figure out a way to do that without getting thrown in jail...

...do they still have that place that makes potatoe burritos in Ft. Collins? I have friends in Loveland... visit them every few years...

• Members
Originally posted by hangwire

Nothing would feel as good and repeatedly smashing your fist into his face while telling him how wrong he has been, and reminding him that his {censored}ing savior ha snothing to do with helping him now...

...but then there are repercussions after this is done... so figure out a way to do that without getting thrown in jail...

...do they still have that place that makes potatoe burritos in Ft. Collins? I have friends in Loveland... visit them every few years...

Big City Burrito :)

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

It's hard if you have a long history with the person, but I can tell you those situations never work themselves out.

At least not in the short term.

I say sever the ties.

I am afraid that is what it is going to come to. I am working on it, however certain situations do not permit that to happen (not completely, anyway) at the moment. Within a few months though, it should be quite easy.

For now, i can at least start the process.

• Members

Big City Burrito
:)

That's the place :)

...seriously, just tell him that he is an ass hiding [yes say hiding] behind his religion to be an ass... and that if he loved God so much, then he wouldn't abuse his girlfriend... by doing so he is a bad X-tian. It is time for him to grow up and be a man about his life...

• Members

You ought to give him a 'mix' cd that's 13 tracks of NIN's "God Is Dead" with you saying 'Dude, Go {censored} Yourself' added to the end.

Tell him to pay close attention to the words of every song.

• Members

Tell the girlfriend to read Proverbs 17 v 1

It is to save you looking it up...

Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife.

next time he does the going to hell routine, tell him that you are not seeing any fruit. If he asks you to clarify tell him Galatians 5:22

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

If he has a go at you tell him that you see no love and without love he is nothing 1 Corinthians 13 (which is absolutely stunning in French BTW)

1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

If he still comes back for more kick him in the plums, sorry ran out of ideas scripture and patience.

Archived