Gee, I sure hope the Red Sox enjoy watching the World Series on television this year.

Chriss

• Members

Originally posted by Chriss

Crow will be on my dinner plate tonight.

Wonder how long it will take for Steinbrenner to fire Torre?

And Cashman, and A-Rod, and Bernie, and Matsui, and Leiter etc. etc. etc. He's going to burst a blood vessel and I am going to laugh.

Any bets on how much more money that idiot is going to throw at the team???

He's too {censored}ing stupid to actually have a farm system filled with young talent.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Central Scrutinizer

isn't torre's contract up anyway? cashman's is. i would be surprised if we didn't see a changing of the guard here. course, that'd probably send the team into the {censored}ter, but that's ok by me.

Torre's got 2 years and 12 million to go, but I'll bet Steinbrenner eats it and gets Piniella. Cashman's also probably history, and he's probably happy as hell to get out.

• Members

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

I'm hoping that's already happened by now.

We got a spot in Baltimore, and apparently we can't take much pride in the football team anymore.

I'll always love Torre and what he's done for the Yankees, but seeing as how he totally mismanaged the pitching staff this year, he's jumped the shark as far as I'm concerned.

• Members

I'll always love Torre and what he's done for the Yankees, but seeing as how he totally mismanaged the pitching staff this year, he's jumped the shark as far as I'm concerned.

Plus, Torre seemed incomplete without Don Zimmer by his side the past couple of years.

• Members

Steinbrenner is like the bad sensei of the "Cobra Kai" in "The Karate Kid." He's a cartoon character. it sure would be nightmarish to live in his comic book though. A-rod has a few years left to repair his well justified reputation of "chokes when it counts."

• Members

Nope. As a matter of fact it just made me laugh again when I pulled the thread up....

Man did I long for ESPN and Joe Morgan the last two nights. J{censored} and Tim McAsshole are just the worst , most highly annoying announcing tandem on the scene today.....So glad their a team...:rolleyes: I had to hit the mute button.

• Members
Originally posted by telepaul

Man did I long for ESPN and Joe Morgan the last two nights. J{censored} and Tim McAsshole are just the worst , most highly annoying announcing tandem on the scene today.....So glad their a team...
:rolleyes:
I had to hit the mute button.

A-{censored}ING-MEN, brother.

Us Giants fans are lucky enough to listen to Jon Miller (Morgan's partner) all year 'round. and McCarver is a horrible, horrible hack, and Buck seems determined to sully his old man's legacy. sad, really.

but i can one-up you, i'm afraid -- John Franco and whoever's calling the games with him on radio. oh. my. god. excruciating. i think they were doing the 'Stros series, so if there's any justice, they'll both shut the {censored} up now.

• Members
Originally posted by delorean

Abut i can one-up you, i'm afraid -- John Franco and whoever's calling the games with him on radio. oh. my. god. excruciating. i think they were doing the 'Stros series, so if there's any justice, they'll both shut the {censored} up now.

Yeah, we listened to that one on Sunday on the way to Yankee Stadium (all 18 innings worth) and it was awful. All the long pockets of dead air. Something would happen and you'd hear the fans react in the background, and then like minute later the announcers would tell you what happened. The worst broadcasting. :mad:

• Members
Originally posted by Mr. Twang

ShineBox.gif

I love this. And what are the Yankees doing right now?

Bending over and getting a good working over from "The Boss".

At least we made it to the championship in the last 5 years. That's more than you can say. Well, you can say that you've ben beaten by the best teams in baseball easch and ever year since 2001. Tha's worth $200 million a year right?

And I don't want to hear anything about your PAST championships. They are just that, THE PAST, and getting farther away as we speak.

But you do have a legacy.

It's called the biggest choke in the hisory of baseball.

UP 3-0 AND LOST THE SERIES!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

• Members

WHAT, YOU THINK DAT'S FUNNY? WHAT AM I, YOUR FRIGGIN' CLOWN OR SOMETHIN'? DO I AMUSE YOU?!?

:D

Now I'm supposed to kick you to death and shoot you in a trunk for saying that {censored}!

"Ma I need to borrow this knife. The, what , the hoof is stuck in the grill. Ma I hve to cut it out, it's a sin."

Archived