Multi effects

Jaymz888

• Members

i'm looking for a multi effect pedal. i have a esp ltd ec 400 at and a peavey bandit II. i play in a metal band. i want a crunchy distortion sound which i pretty much get out of my bandit. but i just want to bring some different sounds in my sound. especially in my clean sound. some delay or something like that.

i was searching ebay for some good auctions. and i found a Boss ME 5, Boss GT 3 to 8 and a Bos ME 50.

i don't wanna spend that much money on a pedal. otherwise i could buy a Randall RH 100 G2.

any suggestions?

• Members

Originally posted by Jaymz888

i'm looking for a multi effect pedal. i have a esp ltd ec 400 at and a peavey bandit II. i play in a metal band. i want a crunchy distortion sound which i pretty much get out of my bandit. but i just want to bring some different sounds in my sound. especially in my clean sound. some delay or something like that.

i was searching ebay for some good auctions. and i found a Boss ME 5, Boss GT 3 to 8 and a Bos ME 50.

i don't wanna spend that much money on a pedal. otherwise i could buy a Randall RH 100 G2.

any suggestions?

does the ME 5 have a bypass so i can play only through my amp if i want?

• Members

yah, Dot is right....
ya can dl the manual if ya want at my website.
it will buffer the signal unless you use a loop box like dot suggested...which may or may not be a good thing, depending on your style.
the me5 has the most organic sound of the three...and way less baubles and beads. but better basic tone...
and each of it's 64 patches can be set up as an individual 5 effects on/off pedalboard, can remember wheter the loop is off or on in a patch, too.
the delay is only 500ms, tho, so i'd reccomend getting a decent delay stompbox and putting it in the loop, then u can use the built in reverb.
nice box, the original floor multi, and arguably the best sounding yet for what it does.
make sure if ya buy it on ebay ya get a return clause, just in case...they are notorious for the input/output jacks needing to be re-soldered.....i've fixed all of mine for that at some point.
also, if the memory acts werid, or all the patches seem to be weird with some of the stuff cranked, it probably needs a battery change....not too big a deal to do if ya can solder.

• Members

well, if ya get a wild hair across thy butt, my offer is still open.....
regardless, best of luck with it...
now as for that schematic, do the mouth eyes have teeth??
man, and i thoughtI did too much recreationals back i the 60's...LOL
have a good one dude.....and i'd really really like to see that schematic!!!;)

Archived