montag records with reverse delay! (long frisell-y song)

Montag

• Members

We Pray For Rain

so i got my dd20 today. this is my first song with it. went guitar>OD based on a bluesbreaker>dd20>mixer>USB soundcard>kristal audio engine. added a hair of reverb in the mix.

so this is me waxing Frisell in the key of E. i know im nowhere near as good as Frisell, but this was certainly influenced by him, and then turned into whatever it is my songs sound like.

edit: yousendit link

• Members

Originally posted by Montag

so i got my dd20 today. this is my first song with it. went guitar>OD based on a bluesbreaker>dd20>mixer>USB soundcard>kristal audio engine. added a hair of reverb in the mix.

so this is me waxing Frisell in the key of E. i know im nowhere
near
as good as Frisell, but this was certainly influenced by him, and then turned into whatever it is my songs sound like.

edit:

Tasteful and tasty!

• Members

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

There you go. Way to break out of the minimalist cage, mostly...

If you don't have the Smithsonian Anthology of American Folk Music yet, it's time. I think it's out of print, but usually on ebay and it'll change your life.

i figured this was still minimalist. i think my definition is skewed.

when i have cash i will check the bay for that.

• Members
Originally posted by paulandpaul

cosby.jpg

G&L legacy special. most of this is the neck and middle pickup together, sometimes neck, sometimes middle and bridge.

the overdrive is reponsible for a lot of it.

im going to re-record this sometime running through the orange and using a nice condenser and maybe a 57 in stereo. i like the tone of this one, but it sounds a bit, i dont know, fuller or more alive coming through the amp.

• Members

Originally posted by dZjupp

montag,

as usual i love it. you love frisell, i love him, your playing sounds alot like mine. anywa, what were the settings on your dd-20 for that? sounds like it (the delay) is way back in the mix.....

thanks a lot:)

for this the dd20 has reverse delay with full feedback, somewhere around 5.1 or 5.2 seconds (i can get an exact reading a little later) for the delay time, tone at noon, and the level backed off to about 9 or 10 o'clock. i did that so the delays wouldnt overpower the playing. at the end i just backed the level down to zero very gradually.

edit: delay time is 5570ms

• Members
Originally posted by whpprsnpprr

ok I've tried to play this on two different computers now and it won't work. It goes to a page saying that this window starts the player and mentions pop-up blockers. I hit the start button and nothing happens...

I want to hear this
:mad:

weird:confused:

if you pm me your email, i can send it directly to you via yousendit, or, i you have g-mail, i can send it that way, or i can send it over MSN if you have that.

• Members

Originally posted by whpprsnpprr

ok got it now

Sounds awesome!!!

Using ehoes as a foundation and playing on top of it?

Genius

thanks a bunch:)

this is what i have to resort to as a solo artist who can't play drums or bass very well:o

Archived