Any decent books out there?

univox5138

• Members

Originally posted by Mr. Twang

0802130208.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

+1

an amazing and funny book

I'd also suggest, for more recently written stuff, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon. I think I made a "required reading list" for a certain forumite that asked for one a while back. Let's see if I still have it and I'll send it to you.

• Members

Originally posted by univox5138

I've been trying to get back into reading, but everytime i walk into Borders or B&N, i get intimidated by the vast selection. What are some good books that i would be interested in? Doesn't matter fiction or non-fiction.... thanks.
:)

aren't you the kid who posted the rant about his parents a while back?

well, then you gotta read CATCHER IN THE RYE by JD Salinger. you'll love it.

then some Jack Kerouac. you'll outgrow him, but you gotta grow up reading him.

and since you're christian, read some Dostoyevsky (specifically Brothers Karamazov) , Flannery O'Connor, Georges Bernanos, and Kafka.

but don't buy books. get em at the library. then you'll have more $ for gear.

• Members

Hey, I haven't outgrown Kerouac yet. Dharma Bums is my favorite, I like it better than On The Road, but both are great.

Futurist Manifestos edited by Umbro Apollonio translated by Robert Brain, RW Flint, JC Higgit, and Caroline Tisdall is a cool collection and interesting read. (It's put out by MFA Publications, but was originally put out by The Viking Press.)

• Members

Originally posted by RamaLama Fafafa

Hey, I haven't outgrown Kerouac yet. Dharma Bums is my favorite, I like it better than On The Road, but both are great.

Futurist Manifestos edited by Umbro Apollonio translated by Robert Brain, RW Flint, JC Higgit, and Caroline Tisdall is a cool collection and interesting read. (It's put out by MFA Publications, but was originally put out by The Viking Press.)

oops. sorry. :)

i still like passages, esp his prose/poems in the middle of a narrative like in Visions of Cody, Subterraneans, etc. that's good stuff.

Archived