Nord electro 2 users, why such a bad piano sound?

• Members

Originally posted by dan88z

No case, but it has wheels on it, and handles. I don't really need a case, it gets loaded by me into my own vehicle so I'm not worried about it getting broken.

Ok I see. Those Leslies are made to be roaded. Some companies make cases with specific trays with the casters so you can take the cover off and leave the Leslie in the toom half in the tray. Only problem is they are about $500.00.

• Members

Originally posted by Outkaster

Ok I see. Those Leslies are made to be roaded. Some companies make cases with specific trays with the casters so you can take the cover off and leave the Leslie in the toom half in the tray. Only problem is they are about $500.00.

I had my pristine 122 on the road for almost 2 years and would not have taken it without a stout Anvil-style case. I had one custom made by a local case builder. I got them to put double sets of handles on each side of the top cover, to make lifting it off and putting it back on easier (it is a TALL lid!)...also, I had the 4" blue wheels on the bottom tray, with another set of recessed wheels built into the side of the tray, so if we were moving it up stairs, we could slowly pull/push it up kind of like the way a refrigerator dolly works. It was a heavy beast and espensive ($695), but it protected that Leslie cabinet very well.

After I stopped touring with the 122, I sold the case because it was too big to keep around my house along with the Hammond and Leslie. Nowadays, I still have the 122, but it stays at home. I have been using a Speakeasy Roadbox for roadability and I actually use the amp from my 122 in it (it is a sweet amp that had been totally reworked, updated with new-style relay and I have a couple of sets of tubes for it). Gigging with a Leslie or Speakeasy is still a labor of love.

Regards,

Eric

• Members

Originally posted by eric

I had my pristine 122 on the road for almost 2 years and would not have taken it without a stout Anvil-style case. I had one custom made by a local case builder. I got them to put double sets of handles on each side of the top cover, to make lifting it off and putting it back on easier (it is a TALL lid!)...also, I had the 4" blue wheels on the bottom tray, with another set of recessed wheels built into the side of the tray, so if we were moving it up stairs, we could slowly pull/push it up kind of like the way a refrigerator dolly works. It was a heavy beast and espensive ($695), but it protected that Leslie cabinet very well.

After I stopped touring with the 122, I sold the case because it was too big to keep around my house along with the Hammond and Leslie. Nowadays, I still have the 122, but it stays at home. I have been using a Speakeasy Roadbox for roadability and I actually use the amp from my 122 in it (it is a sweet amp that had been totally reworked, updated with new-style relay and I have a couple of sets of tubes for it). Gigging with a Leslie or Speakeasy is still a labor of love.

Regards,

Eric

Eric do you have a picture of that case? I am going to get a 145 with a 122 in it in a couple weeks, essentially it is a 142. Anyway I think gigging with a small Leslie would be cool for the big gigs.

• Members

Originally posted by Outkaster

Eric do you have a picture of that case? I am going to get a 145 with a 122 in it in a couple weeks, essentially it is a 142. Anyway I think gigging with a small Leslie would be cool for the big gigs.

I'll dig around at home - I am sure I have some photos of it, but they date back to about 2002-2003 timeframe and I can't remember if I was taking digital photos back then. I'll look tonight and post if I can find digital photos.

Archived