: aweome looks front page..japanese pop singer...

seifukusha

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

so what's going on in korea musically? the stuff i heard from korean friends was....well...weird. either like j-pop meets nintendo music or a NIN-meets-metal sorta thing.

yep...

koreans love 1980's metal type stuff (gary moore's still popular among guitarists) or r nb or asian hip hop stuff. korean r n b chicks can be really realy hot...

theres alot of indie stuff but it hasnt really broken yet, punk is just about to break here. theres tons of bands...like japan 15 years ago...

not really my stuff.....just some songs..

• Members

Originally posted by seifukusha

koreans love 1980's metal type stuff (gary moore's still popular among guitarists)

isn't it weird how one artist can be absolutely HUGE in one country but almost forgot outside of that country.

when i left austria 2 yrs ago chris rea was still huge.

• Members

[when i left austria 2 yrs ago chris rea was still huge.

Austrians love good music no matter if popular for the time being or not. I remember numerous concerts of Rory Gallagher, Frank Zappa and Al DiMeola very well attented even in times when they weren

• Members

On the hotness scale, Korean chicks beat Japanese chicks by a little bit. When I was over in Korea 5 years ago, it seemed like there were all these boy bands in Korea trying to imitate black hip-hop all over their version of MTV. HAve you ever noticed how Asian countries like huge soaring ballads? I'll bet they cream their pants for Celine Dion and Whitney Houston.

Personally I like these Japanese chick power pop bands a bit but not much other than that.

• Members

I graduated H.S. in Oahu, Hawaii where caucasians like me were decidedly the minority, and probably still are. I only had one haole (white) girlfriend. All the rest were of Japanese, Korean, Phillipino, or mixed descent. Asian girls can be so hot looking. :p

• Members

Not trying to flame, but Utada is nasty! Not only is she kawaiikunai, but she cant sing. Her voice is very very weak sounding, and the only redeeming quality about her is that she writes her own stuff, which some of it is very good!

Gimmie AYU, or Aiuchi Rina, or Mochida Kaori any day of the week over hikki.

Boa and AYAYA are also good ones... :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by m90guy

Boa and AYAYA are also good ones...
:thu:

boa is korean...many japanese think shes japanese, cause shes so fluent..shes bigger there cause they pay her more. her korean company sm entertainement dont promote her like they should. shes really talented...

• Members

Haha, maybe it's cuz of all the plastic surgery that all the korean chicks get.

Rock is coming out in korea tho, I got a bunch of CD's and they're beginning to sound more modern. Check out Cherry Filter or Loveholic. It's not heavy or anything (Koreans are a mellow race when it comes to electric guitars) but it sounds good.

As a Korean American, I'm glad that I'm not living there though. The mentality that Koreans have pisses me off a lot, like their social expectations and stuff.

But the chicks are definitely hawt (I guess I'm biased). They just need to find better english speakers for rappers.

• Members

Originally posted by krazeexharhar

Haha, maybe it's cuz of all the plastic surgery that all the korean chicks get.

Rock is coming out in korea tho, I got a bunch of CD's and they're beginning to sound more modern. Check out Cherry Filter or Loveholic. It's not heavy or anything (Koreans are a mellow race when it comes to electric guitars) but it sounds good.

As a Korean American, I'm glad that I'm not living there though. The mentality that Koreans have pisses me off a lot, like their social expectations and stuff.

But the chicks are definitely hawt (I guess I'm biased). They just need to find better english speakers for rappers.

drunken tiger..theyre also gyopo..

cherry filter, loveholic, deli spice, too 3 years ago....

• Members
Originally posted by seifukusha

boa is korean...many japanese think shes japanese, cause shes so fluent..shes bigger there cause they pay her more. her korean company sm entertainement dont promote her like they should. shes really talented...

Hell yea, Boa is talented, I beleive she speaks 4 languages, she's hot as hell, and she can dance.
Seen her in concert a couple years ago, and she danced and ran around so much that after 3 songs she couldnt sing anymore. She was totally out of breath.

I actually prefer her Kpop stuff, but her first J-album was hot!

Hey whats the deal with S.E.S.? Last I saw of them was when U was thier big single. Eugene, I think thats her name? WOW!!! SUPER HOTTIE!:thu:

• Members

Hell yea, Boa is talented, I beleive she speaks 4 languages, she's hot as hell, and she can dance.

Seen her in concert a couple years ago, and she danced and ran around so much that after 3 songs she couldnt sing anymore. She was totally out of breath.

I actually prefer her Kpop stuff, but her first J-album was hot!

Hey whats the deal with S.E.S.? Last I saw of them was when U was thier big single. Eugene, I think thats her name? WOW!!! SUPER HOTTIE!

bada is cute too. i only know this cause they show music videos in dunkin donuts while Im getting my morning joe..

• Members

Not trying to flame, but Utada is nasty! Not only is she kawaiikunai, but she cant sing. Her voice is very very weak sounding, and the only redeeming quality about her is that she writes her own stuff, which some of it is very good!

Gimmie AYU, or Aiuchi Rina, or Mochida Kaori any day of the week over hikki.

Boa and AYAYA are also good ones...

Utada can't sing?

OMG, you must either be seriously deaf or you're totally from a different planet.

Her voice is so thick and powerful. I really dunno how you hear weak..saying her voice is weak is like saying hendrix can't play guitar. My god, we have really really different ears.

• Members
Originally posted by 5F1G

I graduated H.S. in Oahu, Hawaii where caucasians like me were decidedly the minority, and probably still are. I only had one haole (white) girlfriend. All the rest were of Japanese, Korean, Phillipino, or mixed descent. Asian girls can be so hot looking.
:p

Which High School you went grad from?.

Archived