WHOA! Complete Boss VB-2 on Ebay

Speeddemon

• Members

kinda ot question, but has some regards to this wonderful item. say i go out right now and buy a boss sd-1 or VB-2. brand new from guitar center. i dont do anythign to it. just throw it in my closet. then, 40 years or so later, i take it out. would there be any profit? do you think we could sell effects being produced today for that kind of price in a few years?

• Members

Originally posted by Bruno

Is this pedal really worth the money or is it just some " I am to have it all all costs because it is no longer made thing? "

There are other pedals I'd rather spend that kind of moolah on. Somebody'll probably try to clone it someday.

• Members

Yeah I had one but sold it. Lots of forumites - tiki, charmless - I think - have had them.

It's a really good unique sounding pedal. Very warm but not muddy. Lots of pros still use them like Michael Landau.

the other boss choruses converted to vibrato do not sound the same. They do sound like vibrato just not like a vb-2.

Mr. BYOC is trying to clone it. I hope he succeeds but it is not a done deal yet.

Originally posted by spoonie g

has anybody every heard one of these? I wonder if my ce-2 with vibrato switch sounds like it....

• Members

Originally posted by shepherdspy

Yeah I had one but sold it. Lots of forumites - tiki, charmless - I think - have had them.

It's a really good unique sounding pedal. Very warm but not muddy. Lots of pros still use them like Michael Landau.

the other boss choruses converted to vibrato do not sound the same. They do sound like vibrato just not like a vb-2.

Mr. BYOC is trying to clone it. I hope he succeeds but it is not a done deal yet.

There's many a day when I count my blessings and one of them has got to be the day I bought one here in KL all those years ago in 1986. :)

Try getting that ramp-up vibrato (one of the settings) with a modded-CE5, never mind the actual quality of the vibrato.

The lesson here? Buy a new pedal if you love it, the here and now - hit or miss, you might be on to something, as long as you don't make it a habit of buying and selling like breathing.

• Members

Originally posted by KjStrat62

It's funny because back in the day the Boss VB-2 was not really a hot item. Now it is a collectors piece.Weird. it's safe to say a MT-2 or PW-2 won't bring this in 20 plus years!

True, but back then I just had to have it - had so many sounds going in mind and it was just the ticket.

Agree with you with the MT-2, far too many people have it for it to become a hot rare item in 20 years time ala Boss SG-1 or SP-1 but don't discount the PW2, you never know.:idea:

Archived