The Edges shimmer effect

h2oman

• Members

The PitchFactor actually has a built in reverb for the "Crystal" effect.

It does? I thought it was a reproduction of the "Crystal Echos" preset from the H3000, which uses a pitch shifter with time-reversed grains and feedback.

I have the Verbzilla, and the octave verb setting sounds too metallic to me. It seems like the "shimmer" is generated by having a fairly simple pitch shifter feedbacking on itself, and then processed by the reverb, instead of integrating the reverb into the feedback loop like the Eno/Lanois effect.

Sean Costello

• Members

ehx effectology made a shimmer edition:

http://www.ehx.com/blog/effectology-vol11-crystal-shimmer-effects

this gave me the idea how to have two effect paths and just one amp. just in case you don't have a second amp or you don't want to lug around stereo gear just for the shimmer effect

i didn't use the y-splitter, i used a stereo out pedal to split the signal and a stereo in pedal to combine them again

first signal chain was my dirt and fuzz section together with phaser

second chain was micro pog and dmm xo (or could be any other delay u like in there) to make this chain muteable i put my korg pitchback into it.

at the end to bring them together was a line6 echopark

endless options of sounds

i guess you can try any pitchshifter in the shimmer chain, also you can try to add tremolo, phaser, chorus or flanger in there

different delays and different settings give you different flavour

yep its a complicated setup and it does limit you in that sense that you can't use the pedals in other ways without rewiring your whole board

but its mega fun to experiment with it

i gigged once or twice with it and now i'm again in normal setup :D

Archived