Yet another thread closed... (note: this is NOT an Oasys thread)

G-bus

• Members

Originally posted by Mike51

What's VSE?

Vintage Synth Explorer.

Check out their forums. The Oasys wars broke out over there awhile ago, but the mods quickly put an end to it and didn't take any {censored} from the reps.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course that is incorrect. Think about it -- if Korg actually "controlled KSS" all of the OASYS bashers would have been banned a year ago.

And they would have taken a huge PR hit doing that. That's the last thing they want.

Heck, if I was in control of KSS I would have banned them a year ago also!!

Sounds like you have some control issues.

• Members

What is it with this OASYS.

Bloody hell no other keyboard in history caused so much {censored}.

Why the {censored} does this thing gets protected all the time?Is it because it costs so bloody much?

One is allowed to take the piss of any other synth but not the elite {censored}ing OASYS.

The word OASYS is cursed:p

• Members
Originally posted by Mike51

When I last talked to someone very high up in the KSS ranks, almost all the complaints came from Korg employees and Irish Acts users (the official Korg forum).

That's interesting...someone very high up in KSS ranks, you say. Who is that, I wonder? AFAIK, only admins get the reported thread notifications....and I don't believe any members of KSS have admin status...

When I was mod here (and had admin status), we pretty much never got any emails or PMs from anybody at Korg. The only exception I can remember is Dan Phillips PMing us after we had called a cease fire because he was bummed that he was sticking to it and others weren't.

If you really wanna know, almost all of the reported OASYS posts came from regular forum members asking to please make it stop.

:idea:

dB

• Members

Originally posted by MartinHines

Title of thread: ... (note: this is NOT an Oasys thread)

Starting with the second sentence:

WOW!!!

For a thread supposedly NOT about the OASYS you seem to mention it alot!!!

Martin, I like you, but RIGHT HERE you start BULL{censored} in this thread.

You are insulting every lucid person who opens this thread to read about and discuss MODERATOR ACTIVITY and related things. The PRESENT SUBJECT and OBJECTIVE of the thread has nothing to do with whatever subject and objectives INITIATED the present topic. You can replace the word "Oasys" with "Fusion" "Little Phatty" "Q" or whatever you want and it would ALL still be in the same context - at least until YOU decided to post here and turn it into an Oasys-oriented thread.

Don't go here, don't ruin the nice reputation you have built for yourself. Whatever happens from the post of yours I quoted here onward is YOUR doing and if you CAN NOT SEE THAT, I highly recommend NOT POSTING in the thread, taking a step back from the entire situation, and use what is typically a sharp brain to see what it is you are doing.

MODERATOR ABUSE and REPORT POST ABUSE has gone too damn far around here these days. That is the topic.

• Members

Originally posted by sizzlemeister

You are insulting every lucid person who opens this thread to read about and discuss MODERATOR ACTIVITY...

The PRESENT SUBJECT and OBJECTIVE of the thread has nothing to do with whatever subject and objectives INITIATED the present topic. You can replace the word "Oasys" with "Fusion" "Little Phatty" "Q" or...

This would be true EXCEPT for this text in G-bus' first post:

Originally posted by G-bus

...the inappropriate way certain individuals and company reps have chosen to suppress opinions here

There were only two "pro-OASYS" people involved in the discussion last night (i.e. the threads that were removed) -- myself ("certain individuals") and Dan Phillips ("company reps"). Therefore that text was directed SPECIFICALLY at Dan and I, not at moderation in general.

If this topic WERE about moderation in general, I would have left it alone.

As I stated in another thread, I was disappointed that all of the posts from last night were removed -- I wanted all forum members to read them.

• Members
Originally posted by Dave Bryce

That's interesting...someone very high up in KSS ranks, you say. Who is that, I wonder? AFAIK, only admins get the reported thread notifications....and I don't believe any members of KSS have admin status...

When I was mod here (and had admin status), we pretty much never got any emails or PMs from anybody at Korg. The only exception I can remember is Dan Phillips PMing us after we had called a cease fire because he was bummed that he was sticking to it and others weren't.

If you really wanna know, almost all of the reported OASYS posts came from regular forum members asking to please make it stop.

:idea:

dB

And to add to that, Mike also knows very well that KORG do not own Irish Acts / Korg Forums.

Kind Regards.
Sharp.

• Members

wonder twins powers activate!!!!

but you know, what ever... I find it hard to beleive nobody complained about the P120dude thread, the ADSR ones.. I know I did when I was getting the smack down laid on me by three guys over an EMU product, across several threads... did anyone help me or us? No .. but yet another oaysys thread is shut down.. by the moral majority apprently..

Please, explain to me how an ADSR thread that goes for about 15 pages and contains threats such as "eat {censored} and die" or just "{censored} off" isn't enough to warant a shut down, yet a 2 page oaysys thread with hardly a threat in it is? Explain to me the appeals process.. cause I dont know. I dont care if korg puts money into anyones pockets.. or if they dont. But if me, an almost 4 year member, would consider leaving because someone won't leave me alone.. I want to know you'll do something about it rather than play nursemade to a bunch of whiny people.

honestly, {censored} both of you two up there.. whenever this happens, there you two sit washing your hands of it

• Members

Don't let them draw you into personal attacks. Getting this thread closed is exactly what they want.

I urge everyone here to stay on the topic at hand, and to NOT let this thread get dragged down into another attack-fest, lest this one be closed as well. As it stands right now, this is thread is NOT about the Oasys. Let's try and keep it that way. :thu:

• Members

There were only two "pro-OASYS" people involved in the discussion last night (i.e. the threads that were removed) -- myself ("certain individuals") and Dan Phillips ("company reps"). Therefore that text was directed SPECIFICALLY at Dan and I, not at moderation in general.

If this topic WERE about moderation in general, I would have left it alone.

Martin, damn it, dude, don't be a moron, or, worse, don't assume I or anyone else is a moron and that you can get away with this flaw in logic and reason. You can say "pro-Evolver" or "pro-Mustang" or "pro-Microsoft" and it'd be the same. It doesn't matter who is "pro" what or what "side" you may be on - THIS thread is about MODERATOR and REPORT-THIS-POST ABUSE. I swear to God if you REALLY can't see and admit to this you've completely lost all respect from me and more than likely others.

• Members

Martin, damn it, dude, don't be a moron, or, worse, don't assume I or anyone else is a moron and that you can get away with this flaw in logic and reason. You can say "pro-Evolver" or "pro-Mustang" or "pro-Microsoft" and it'd be the same. It doesn't matter who is "pro" what or what "side" you may be on - THIS thread is about MODERATOR and REPORT-THIS-POST ABUSE. I swear to God if you REALLY can't see and admit to this you've completely lost all respect from me and more than likely others.

Very well said.

• Members

Please, explain to me how an ADSR thread that goes for about 15 pages and contains threats such as "eat {censored} and die" or just "{censored} off" isn't enough to warant a shut down, yet a 2 page oaysys thread with hardly a threat in it is? Explain to me the appeals process.. cause I dont know.

That's a very good question.

• Members

I don't think I have posted yet in this thread today.

Did I mention I just don't understand how anyone can truly get so emotional about an internet forum. Not talking to anyone in particular, but I feel banning and locking threads is ridiculous. Just who the heck is being offended, its not like we're simulcast on FOX news or anything.

• Members

THIS thread is about MODERATOR and REPORT-THIS-POST ABUSE.

Sizzlemeister,

This thread may have evolved into a thread about moderation and reporting posts, but please re-read the FIRST post and FIRST post ONLY. I specifically responded to G-bus' first post.

-- the inappropriate way certain INDIVIDUALS and COMPANY REPS have chosen to suppress opinions

This thread was created by G-bus in response to the moderators removing posts made last night by myself, Dan P., Array, and G-bus.

G-bus is accusing myself and Dan of being responsible for the removal of these posts.

To whom do you think G-bus is referring when he states "CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS" and "COMPANY REPS"?

NOT POSTED
by G-bus

-- the inappropriate way MODERATORS have chosen to suppress opinions

G-bus clearly directed his comments toward Dan and I.

You felt my entry into this thread was unwarranted. I disagree, and I have tried to explain why. I can't explain it any more clearly.

• Members
Originally posted by BillyWa

Did I mention I just don't understand how anyone can truly get so emotional about an internet forum. Not talking to anyone in particular, but I feel banning and locking threads is ridiculous. Just who the heck is being offended, its not like we're simulcast on FOX news or anything.

That's just the thing. And yet certain threads keep getting pulled, or locked, or otherwise shut down. Seeing as ridiculous as that is, I'd like it not to happen to this thread. So far, most people here have done a great job of not getting sucked into flamebaits. :)

As Sizzlemeister wisely pointed out, the name of "the synth" previously being discussed in those threads is completely inconsequential. So again, thanks to everyone for attempting to keep this thread on topic, that topic being inappropriate use of the report post function, and overzealous thread pulling. :)

• Members

Originally posted by BillyWa

You make a very good point.

If you are offended by these threads, you must never go into the real world, ever. I'm guessing most of the complainers are people who never leave their house.

• Members

You felt my entry into this thread was unwarranted. I disagree, and I have tried to explain why. I can't explain it any more clearly.

Oh, Martin. *sigh* The only people with the power to pull threads is the mods irregardless of what the topic is or who is posting in it. This is a sad day indeed.

loco2.jpg

• Members

The only people with the power to pull threads is the mods irregardless of what the topic is or who is posting in it.

Please explain this:

-- the inappropriate way certain INDIVIDUALS and COMPANY REPS have chosen to suppress opinions

And NOT this:

NOT posted by G-bus

-- the inappropriate way MODERATORS have chosen to suppress opinions

Are you telling me there is no difference between these two statements?

G-bus is a pretty intelligent guy; he doesn't appear to confuse one word with another.

Archived