Yet another thread closed... (note: this is NOT an Oasys thread)

G-bus

• Members

And one wonders why such disdain for Korg has developed here. :rolleyes:

I'm willing to bet that 90% of the Oasys arguments are not a result of the "haters" feeling very strongly against the Oasys itself, but rather a result of contempt for the inappropriate way certain individuals and company reps and/or mods have chosen to suppress opinions here and force their views upon everyone else.

And yet again, they got just what they wanted--another Oasys discussion closed. I supppose silencing is all they have left.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Going forward, all Oasys threads will be scrutinized, posts removed, and occasionally closed. It will remain this way until you ALL learn how to play nice.

lets not hand pick threads here... lets strive for consistency here. Theres been worse crap on here than nobody has bothered to step in on. and yes, it's been reptitive..

• Members

Originally posted by protues9

lets not hand pick threads here... lets strive for consistency here. Theres been worse crap on here than nobody has bothered to step in on. and yes, it's been reptitive..

Good point. What about all of the ADSR threads which have been ignored? It seems that anything related to Korg on these forums gets prefferential treatment. That's highly unethical, if you ask me.

• Members

Originally posted by Array

Good point. What about all of the ADSR threads which have been ignored? It seems that anything related to Korg on these forums gets prefferential treatment. That's highly unethical, if you ask me.

The difference is that these people don't flood the admin's inboxes with reported posts for the ADSR threads the way they do everytime someone mentions the Oasys. Perhaps if people were banned for abusing the "report post" function, the problem would be solved very quickly.

• Members

and so who from here is flooding their in box? if we can let ADSR slip past the mods, I can't see some nancy boy running to mommy about oaysys.. if they are, they deserve a good arse kicking, cause that stuff is tame by comparison

• Members

Originally posted by G-bus

The difference is that these people don't flood the admin's inboxes with reported posts for the ADSR threads the way they do everytime someone mentions the Oasys. Perhaps if people were banned for abusing the "report post" function, the problem would be solved very quickly.

Nah, I'm pretty sure that the ADSR threads garner their fair amount of PM's. I know I used to PM the mods all the time, until I realized that they werent going to do anything about her.

These Korg threads are definately getting prefferential treatment.

• Members

Nah, I'm pretty sure that the ADSR threads garner their fair amount of PM's. I know I used to PM the mods all the time, until I realized that they werent going to do anything about her.

These Korg threads are definately getting prefferential treatment.

The only other explanation, then, is that these threads are getting closed at the request of certain individuals who have more influence over the admins than regular forum members do.

• Members

By the way, this isnt the only forum that these Korg folks have tried this on. They tried to pull this same {censored} on VSE, only to get their asses handed back to them. Of course, the local population there had a newfound disdain for all things Korg after all was said and done.

• Members

You don't say.....

The problem I've seen with every moderator we have had was:

1. They want to participate instead of moderate

2. Because of #1 they are impartial and show prefferential treatment to certain members and certain subjects

3. They don't encourage accurate information. There is simply a lot of posts that are made that are factually inacurate and no push to get rid of these or have people check their information.

4. They don't ban new people that are disruptive fast enough

• Members

By the way, this isnt the only forum that these Korg folks have tried this on. They tried to pull this same {censored} on VSE, only to get their asses handed back to them. Of course, the local population there had a newfound disdain for all things Korg after all was said and done.

Not surprising in the least.

• Members

Title of thread: ... (note: this is NOT an Oasys thread)

Starting with the second sentence:

I'm willing to bet that ...
Oasys
arguments ...the
Oasys
itself, ...another
Oasys
discussion

WOW!!!

For a thread supposedly NOT about the OASYS you seem to mention it alot!!!

• Members

Originally posted by MartinHines

Title of thread: ... (note: this is NOT an Oasys thread)

Second sentence:

WOW!!!

For a thread supposedly NOT about the OASYS you seem to mention it alot!!!

Any rational person can see that the thread is about the action or lack thereof regarding closing certain discussions, not about the instrument itself.

But you already knew that, didn't you? ;)

• Members

Originally posted by G-bus/Jeebus/Chris100

Any rational person can see that the thread is about the action or lack thereof regarding closing certain discussions, not about the instrument itself.

Nope, it looks to me like this thread is about criticizing Korg and the OASYS.

• Members

Feel free to believe whatever you want. :)

I urge everyone here to stay on the topic at hand, and to NOT let this thread get dragged down into another attack-fest, lest this one be closed as well. As it stands right now, this is thread is NOT about the Oasys. Let's try and keep it that way. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by MartinHines

Nope, it looks to me like this thread is about criticizing Korg and the OASYS.

Oh boy! Here we go again with the paranoia!

Has ONE person here mentioned anything pertaining to the features or price of the OASYS, save one toung-in-cheeck post?

This thread is specifically about the unethical moderation practices by which we have been accosted ever since you showed up.

• Members

By the way, this isnt the only forum that these Korg folks

Let's keep the facts straight, shall we?

I have been the primary person interacting with you and G-bus/Jeebus/Chris100 and I do not work for Korg, nor do I have any relationship with them except being a fan.

In relation to these OASYS threads being deleted, which of the following scenarios seems more likely?

SCENARIO A -- Korg has ultimate power at KSS and moderators do what Korg tells them to do

SCENARIO B -- The moderators are simply TIRED of the same old "OASYS gang" (which includes myself) arguing about the OASYS

I think the following post from Skunks (the KSS Administrator) answers the above question:

Originally posted by Skunks

We will not tolerate a return to to the Oasys wars of yesterday. People on both sides of the issue became heated to the point of irrationality therefore:

Thread closed.

Going forward, all Oasys threads will be scrutinized, posts removed, and occasionally closed. It will remain this way until you ALL learn how to play nice.

P.S. -- The answer is "SCENARIO B" !!!!

• Members

They tried to pull this same {censored} on VSE, only to get their asses handed back to them. Of course, the local population there had a newfound disdain for all things Korg after all was said and done.

The mods there certainly treated all members equally, regardless of who they were or who they worked for. What's amazing is that VSE is generally a forum free of heated arguments. :idea:

• Members

Oh boy! Here we go again with the paranoia!

Has ONE person here mentioned anything pertaining to the features or price of the OASYS, save one toung-in-cheeck post?

This thread is specifically about the unethical moderation practices by which we have been accosted ever since you showed up.

Ooops...

I meant to say...

*the *COUGH* is WAyyyy overpriced ;)

I'm sorry bout that guys... really :(

• Members

SCENARIO A -- Korg has ultimate power at KSS and moderators do what Korg tells them to do

SCENARIO B -- The moderators are simply TIRED of the same old "OASYS gang" (which includes myself) arguing about the OASYS

P.S. -- The answer is "SCENARIO B" !!!!

why do the moderators care about which old gang is which? what about the ADSR gang? what about the old EMU gang that we used to get? on and on ...

Dude, the answer is A in both cases. If not we are owed a serious explination under the threat of a mass exodus away from here...

• Members

The mods there certainly treated all members equally, regardless of who they were or who they worked for. What's amazing is that VSE is generally a forum free of heated arguments.
:idea:

G-Bus... man your slipping!

You forgot to say "GODDY!!"

:D

• Members

Originally posted by EerieDreamZ

G-Bus... man your slipping!

You forgot to say "GODDY!!"

My apologies. :o

GODDY!