What Triton Le Patch for Killers Tune "Somebyody Told Me"?

GigMan

• Members

Originally posted by Avram

I don't have a clue about what youre talking about, I only play Dream Theater.

You know, I just don't have the strengh to actually transfer and send the sound to you... I don't know why... Just don't want to... Of course it's not personal... Just don't want to.

Thanks you.

Bump!

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Henway_piano

I'm not sure that many on this forum would confess to owning a Triton Le, except Avram.

Play the right notes at the right time, and order, and no one will care what patch it was....

I know - it almost shames me to admit as well... :p lol!

But not really: I bought my Le 4 yrs. ago - have made a ton of money gigging w/it so I actually don't give a flying frig what anyone thinks. I know it's got a cheap-cheesy feeling keybed, I'd love to sell it and upgrade to a Triton Extreme someday but meanwhile it's what I got & I gots to use it... :thu:

The Le actually does have some pretty cool sounds in it - I just hate the action on it.

:cool:

• Members

lol... why is that?

It's not that the Le is all that bad of a board, or that it even matters what board musicians even use....I'm sure if you could somehow transport a Triton Le back in time and give it to Emerson, or Vangelis, or Jarre. Fantastic compositions would certainly have come from it, more correctly through it.

It's just the DRAMA associated with the words Avram and Triton Le....:bor:

You're the guy that answer's the thread: "should I buy this Moog Modular?" with "buy a Triton Le"....

:rolleyes:

By this time even the noobs have figured out that Avram's the alter-ego of one of the hall of famers....:wave:

• Members

Originally posted by Henway_piano

I'm not sure that many on this forum would confess to owning a Triton Le, except Avram.

I dont think theres anything that wrong with the LE. The keybed is pants, but the sounds are great. especialy on the TR. I played one the other day, and IMO thought it had a much more refreshing/interesting sound set that the Fantom Xe which was next to it.

• Members

Originally posted by GigMan

I know it's got a cheap-cheesy feeling keybed, I'd love to sell it and upgrade to a Triton Extreme someday but meanwhile it's what I got & I gots to use it...

The Le actually does have some pretty cool sounds in it - I just hate the action on it.

What's wrong with LE's keyboard considering it's not weighted? I mean, what examples of the models with non-weighted keys could you give that would prove the difference and supposedly their superiotity? I'm not starting to argue yet, just curious what you mean. Let's say, Korg Karma has got some reputation of a high-class instrument, unlike Triton LE, especially in your opinion, but when I got a chance to touch it just after LE, the latter felt the same or even better to me, so I repeated the same a few times, tried both keyboards in turn- I was at a music store and had both instruments before me- and that didn't change my first impression. Korg X3 seemed serious in early nineties, but it's got no better action. What I understand as a really bad keyboard is that of my old Roland JV-35. LE, in comparision, is quite decent.

• Members

Originally posted by Vytas D

What's wrong with LE's keyboard considering it's not weighted? I mean, what examples of the models with non-weighted keys could you give that would prove the difference and supposedly their superiotity? I'm not starting to argue yet, just curious what you mean. Let's say, Korg Karma has got some reputation of a high-class instrument, unlike Triton LE, especially in your opinion, but when I got a chance to touch it just after LE, the latter felt the same or even better to me, so I repeated the same a few times, tried both keyboards in turn- I was at a music store and had both instruments before me- and that didn't change my first impression. Korg X3 seemed serious in early nineties, but it's got no better action. What I understand as a really bad keyboard is that of my old Roland JV-35. LE, in comparision, is quite decent.

Compare the Korg Triton Le's "unweighted" keyboard action to the Roland XP-30: the Le feels flimsy by comparison. Though the XP-30 is no longer in production or being sold new, so that might be a tough one. Ok, compare the Triton Le's flimsy keyboard to the Yamaha Motif 6 - either the ES or the older version. You WILL feel the difference.

If that difference doesn't bother you, then great! Send me a Private Message and I'll sell my Triton Le, in perfect shape - cheap! LOL :D

But many folks, esp. those from a piano-playing background (not those who just started playing synths with no piano experience...) will feel the Triton Le's keybed and go, "Yuch!"

I was on the fence betw. the Triton Le and the Roland XP-30 when I bought the Triton Le in 2002. I eventually went w/the Le 'cause it had great stock electronic sounds right out of the box, which I have definitely made use of. But my fingers just do NOT like the feel of the keybed any more, even more so now that I've had to endure it for 4 yrs.! :p

• Members

I may feel the difference, but Triton Le was what I could afford. And I still stick to my opinion above about X3 and Karma. I do have a classical background and to me each keyboard with no hammer action feels more or less flimsy.

• Members

During the time I searched for a new synthesizer, I, of course saw some models, including the MOTIF ES6, Roland Fantom X, Roland GW-7, Roland Juno-D, Korg PA-50, Yamaha S03, Korg Triton Le.

I had a casio ctk-691, which I didn't like so much, but not because of keyboard action... (It just frustrated me quite a lot when sometimes it made a noisy sound... The speakers sucked... Though I still use it.. (From some reason, it stopped making this noise.... Casio surprises...).

I really couldn't see any difference between all the keyboard's keys action...Really couldn't.. But I guess that's because Ive never played lots of keyboards .Besided, I learnt piano, and it really didn't disturb me to practice on my CTK... (I mean, I jsut got use to practice on a non-piano keyboard at home, and play piano at lessons...). Besided, I quit piano because I wasn't built to it.. (I mean, I progressed well, but I just didn't like the Piano Feeling....Really can't explain that... though maybe i will get an electric piano one day..).

Well, now after playing the Triton Le (I didn't even know it's keyboard action "Suck", until you guys told me... ). Then again, I didn't feel anything wrong. As a matter of fact, my friend have a fantom x, and I really couldn't see any change... and when you say that people who play piano who will start playin' the LE, would be disgusted : That's quite wrong... I mean, any keyboard (with non-weighted keys), will make piano students feel uncomfertable....

I'm not saying that the Triton Le's keyboard action is good because it felt good for me...

If many experienced people say it does, I believe it... so there's probably something different in the Triton Le keys, (again, I don't know what) but many people called it a "synth action".

I played an old Yamaha DX7 in my uncle's house, and it felt quite the same....

Besided, and here's the important issue; I was lucky, because I didn't have much experiece with keys action, so I had no problem with the Triton Le.. (By the way, I remember, as an unexperienced buyer, when trying the Triton Le (actually, it was the TR, but they are quite the same), The first thing I noticed that was wrong was the piano sound... I remember it was quite Electronic for me... though when I got the LE, when I learnt how I got a new great piano sound, made by a very talented guy,, (from "progsounds.com", nevermind, that's another issue).

Back to our issue : So I was lucky, having no problem with the Triton Le action. For the rest of the people who bought the Le after they had experience with lots of keys action, The only thing I can tell you is that a player (And it doesn't important which - Piano, synth, guitar, drums, etc..), should adjust himself to his gear... It's quite important that a keyboard player will be able to fit himself to any keyboard he has... Comfort is not a parameter for the buyer, in my opinion (of course BASIC comfort is important.. You don't want keys like casio VL-TONE's on a serious synth...)... If you like a board buy it, and you will get used to it....

Although that when I hear this issue about triton le's bad action I jsut don't bloody understand, (and just for you to know, and now that I think about it, I actually played quite lots of keyboards in my friends housesin stores: Yamaha PSR (probably like 5 types of it... In every house you can always find a Yamaha PSR... I remember playing the 202, 270, and some other 4 octaves PSR, Yamaha DX7, Korg Trinity (tried one not long ago), Motif ES, fantom X, Roland GW-7,Juno-D (All I tried in store), my grandmother's keyboard (I really don't know what it is... maybe Yamaha's.. somthing quite old... ) , Gem G-70 (or G-7 ican't remember) (Organ.. I had one when I was little... it has two levels, and I remember I liked it.. (It was something good at the time, I was told by my parents..), (I saw an ebay sale of it for only 5 pounds!!! holy smoke!), Korg PA-50, and probably some more during my life... So I'm saying you should get used to gear you think is not "good" ... (You might be interested to know ,that the keyboard action in the Triton Le, doesn't suck... It just that it's DIFFERENT then stuff you got used to..... you must agree on that.).

By the way. Today, from some reason (and this could be a contrast to waht I said here), I went to play with my casio ctk-691.... I noticed that It's keyboard action was not good!!!1 I couldn't understand! I played with it for a couple of years!

whats the reason you ask? Well, I got used to the Triton Le's action.... Although after playing around with it (casui ctk 691) in the last week, I got used to it again, and now it's not that bad, although I'm having more fun playing the LE....

Thank you very much for reading/

Damn I wrote quite a lot, didn't I?

• Members

Just to clarify:

Anyone who is from a piano-playing background will likely want a heavy, weighted action machine (a la Yam. S90 or Roland RD700SX or Kurz. PC2X) to play piano (particularly acoustic piano) sounds.

However, the purchase of a Triton Le or Roland Fantom X or whatever... is as a 2nd keyboard, upon which one would play the more electronica-synth sounding stuff. At least, that's how it was for me.

So I'm not comparing the Triton Le's lame action to a weighted, hammer-action keybord - but rather comparing it to other unweighted synths (Roland XP30, Yam. Motif, Korg Triton Extreme, etc...) - a more apples to apples comparison.

And even in that apples to apples comparison, the Le is a bad apple, as far as the action goes. :D:p

• Members

Again, you didn't understand.

The Triton Le key's action is not BAD, it is DIFFERENT then what you use to.

Your fingers didn't like the action, mine have no problem with it.

People are different, and so does keyboards.

You may feel that it's action suck, I don't... As a matter of fact, many people feel the action suck(Although I believe that is not completely true.. It all started when a few people said the LE has bad keys action, then some other guys who got it tried it, had no problem at first but after hearing what the others said, they said:" maybe the action does suck hard..".). You see, after travelling a bit in synthesizers forums, I heard that some people mentioned that it has bad keys action. A big part of them actually didn't play the keyboard. How do they know? From other people.

I'm quite sure that here also, some people didn't even play the LE...(e.g Henway_piano).

After reading one of your posts again,something is wierd... very wierd....You said you had to endure it for 4 years? That sounds completely false to me... You described the action as pure {censored}.. How on earth could you endure pure {censored} for 4 years?

Could you describe whats so bad in the action?

And please tell me the truth.. Did you feel the key action suck when you bought the LE back in 2002?

I mean, I remember I had to use the key action in the LE, and it took me something like .... less then 3 days.... And the same happend with the Casio CTK-691.... (I had a gem g-70 before, and it took me a little time to get used to the CTK after the gem got ruined and I got it..).

WARNING: The next paragraph is kind of unrelated to the topic, though I believe I should keep it. Continue If you wish to, I already finished talking about the issue here,, (Triton le's bad action).

Like I said before, the main problem with the Triton Le (and yes, the very low amount of insert effects, is a problem for some people, but after playing a trinity, I discovered, that I don't need so many effects which kinda ruin the program. The programscombis in the Triton LE, are nice and sounds reasonable (for me, anyway), even with 1 insert effect....), is that it is called Triton. That's why some of you call it TRITON's LAME edition.... I really didn't hear people get down a lot on the Korg X5O for example, (I guess the TR is not a good example, 'cause you can see the imagination with the Triton le, and TR reminds TRITON, so you assosiate it with the Triton "lame edition"), which is (I'm talking on the x50) pretty much like the Triton Le without sequencersampler option....

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the last paragraph is kind of unrelated to the subject... Well, you could ignore it if you want you..

• Members

GigMan is right saying we should "compare it to other unweighted synths", but Avram is right stating that folks tend to build their connaisseur reputation relying on rumours, and I would like to once more remind I've tried many synths in my life and e. g. the keyboard of the "real" Triton (61) wasn't better than that of Triton Le. The same on supposedly bad piano samples in Korgs, though Saga's keyboardist Jim Gilmour gives Korg an excellent mark even for pianos.

• Members

After reading one of your posts again,something is wierd... very wierd....You said you had to endure it for 4 years? That sounds completely false to me... You described the action as pure {censored}.. How on earth could you endure pure {censored} for 4 years?

Could you describe whats so bad in the action?

And please tell me the truth.. Did you feel the key action suck when you bought the LE back in 2002?

Yes - I thought it was an inferior action to the Roland XP30, which I was also considering for purchase. However I decided that the Triton Le had the sounds I was looking for and since it had the built-in sequencer and the sampling board option, I thought it would be a good value & that I could learn to live with the "sucky" action...

Well it was a good value (even back in 2002, when they were almost 1300 bucks) - but I never did learn to live w/the action, have barely touched the sequencer and never did spring for the sampling board upgrade.

I was able to put up w/the "pure {censored}" of the Le's keybed for 4 years 'cause it made me a ton o' money as a weekend warrior/semi-pro keyboard player (funny how we endure certain things when other benefits are there: it's like sticking w/a girlfriend from hell just 'cause you don't want to give up the hot sex you have w/her... :thu: ) and between gigs, job, home & family life - I've been too busy to sell it or upgrade. In fact, I had thought I'd focus on upgrading my almost-12 yr. old Ensoniq KS32 first - but lately I've decided I want to move away from the Triton Le to something else (Fantom X or a Triton Extreme, possibly) before I upgrade the Ensoniq.

• Members

Originally posted by Vytas D

GigMan is right saying we should "compare it to other unweighted synths", but Avram is right stating that folks tend to build their connaisseur reputation relying on rumours, and I would like to once more remind I've tried many synths in my life and e. g. the keyboard of the "real" Triton (61) wasn't better than that of Triton Le. The same on supposedly bad piano samples in Korgs, though Saga's keyboardist Jim Gilmour gives Korg an excellent mark even for pianos.

I beg to differ:

1) Triton Classic action is definitely different/stiffer/less "mushy" than the Triton Le action. I state that from my own experience in trying the two side-by-side, not rumours.

2) Triton piano samples are bad - on the Triton Le & Classic... also from my own personal listening "taste tests." If the Saga guy gives Korg an excellent mark (for pianos), then he can't possibly be talking 'bout the Le or the Classic - maybe it's one of the Korg digital pianos he's referring to, or maybe the Triton Extreme has new piano samples...?

• Members

Avram, what do any of your posts have to do with the topic?

I believe the guy who plays for the killers does use a triton... but I'm sure you already knew that. Point being that I can't tell you that what patch, but that its bound to be one of them in the box

Archived