OT: I'm doing an art exhibition in Central London next week...

zhivago

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by zinzin

i really like those vintage style posters. are you scanning the vintage girlies and cars and objects from old magazines? do you have to ask permission to do so? do you sell 'em?

I have old magazines that I've bought

if anyone wants me to take them down they can send me an email

thanks.

• Members

no, no, keep 'em - i love 'em! they do look great but nowadays it's not so easy to just scan things from magazines. i am working as a graphic designer and had some problems in the past, i just learned my lessons the hard way ...

• Members

I don't think that in this particular situation copyright is an issue...most of these to begin with are very old, I have also not made a penny out of them (on the contrary, they cost me the money for my vibrolux - about 500 quid)

also I got loads of designbooks in similar styles, there's no way I'd believe for a second that for a 100 page book, the artist sent about 500-1000 requests for image usage (assuming that he uses an average of 5-10 scans in order to compose the image), or that he could even possibly hunt down every single person and ask them

fonts are a weird one too.

you can take arial and make about 20 changes or something to it and then it's yours.

maybe people will disagree with the above, but I dunno....I think it's a lot different than picking up last month's vogue and scanning it in.

• Members
Originally posted by newstrat60

yeah, cool stuff indeed, would to see those posters for real

(BTW your friend looks like Victoria Beckham... a bit
:eek::D
)

hehe...she's off to move to Iceland next week...she'll be back in London in a year though :)

• Members
Originally posted by fernmeister

i KNEW i should have got you to design an album cover for me BEFORE you became famous...

...anyway, how long is the exhibit for (i'll be in london from the 16th)?

:)

it's at a bar in Shoreditch, so it'll be there till early Jan

:)

Archived