Triton Extreme Cheaper Now... Why?

GigMan

• Members

The Korg Triton Extreme has come down in price about 5 bills - the 76 key version is $1,899.99, whereas the 76 key counterparts in the Yammie Motif ES7 and the Roland Fantom X7 are going for $2,499.99, which is 600 clams MORE than the Triton Extreme 76.

Plus - - Korg is giving away the MOSS synthesis board free - not that I'd know what to do with it... :o

Plus - - the Triton Extreme 76 is only 200 bucks more than the 61 key version.

So what's going on here (w/Korg) - are they:

1) getting ready for some new model that will supercede the Triton Extreme?

OR maybe...

2) the Triton Extremes were not selling as well as the Yammie Motif ES or Roland Fantom X models?

Inquiring minds want to know... :thu::D

• Members

Originally posted by pighood

New product to be released Spring 2007. You didn't hear it from me.

Hmm... interesting. But that's a pretty darn long way away... usually the big price drops don't hit until AFTER the new unit's on the market a month or two and THEN they're trying to blow out the old one, like when the Yammie S90ES came out and all of a sudden the "classic" S90's took a $500 nose dive... :D

That's not the case here, if you're saying the new product is out in Spring of 07, that still leaves the Extreme on the market for months and months beforehand... :confused:

• Members

Originally posted by GigMan

The Korg Triton Extreme has come down in price about 5 bills - the 76 key version is $1,899.99,

So what's going on here (w/Korg) - are they:

1) getting ready for some new model that will supercede the Triton Extreme?

Nope

2) the Triton Extremes were not selling as well as the Yammie Motif ES or Roland Fantom X models?

to promote sales based on price and beat the competition

nothing more than that

• Members

*($&@(* I need a new synth, but I'm really tempted to wait till next NAMM... given that I don't exactly go buy synths every day, I don't want to buy something now & find out about something way better coming out in the not too distant future.

• Members

I wouldn't necessarily correlate the recent Triton Extreme price decrease with the introduction of a new keyboard.

Korg has a history of reducing the price of a product over time to help generate additional sales. Korg is simply trying to entice those people who haven't purchased at a higher price.

Korg set these new prices about a month ago.

• Members

Originally posted by MrT-Man

I need a new synth, but I'm really tempted to wait till next NAMM... given that I don't exactly go buy synths every day, I don't want to buy something now & find out about something way better coming out in the not too distant future.

Manufacturers seem to just announce new keyboard products at Winter NAMM, with actual availability months later. Can you wait until April-May 2007?

Also, new products have new product pricing. Any new keyboard from Yamaha, Roland, or Korg will be more expensive than current prices for Motif ES, Fantom X, and Triton Extreme respectively.

• Members

I'm no insider but the VA component of Oasys has already made it to market in the Radias. Wouldn't it be time for the other components to float downward into the middle of the market?

If the rompler part did, it would make sense that it would appear in workstation format.

Jerry

Archived