Good Headphones?

ThisBrian

• Members

I need some good full ear headphones to use for listening to tunes and monitor some clips I'm going to be making for my pedals. I was using these cheapo AKG K66 and the right channel went out (I read they do these a lot), not to mention they weren't all that great anyway. What's a good set for around $50 maybe up to a $100 if it really makes a big difference. Suggestions?

• Members

If you don't need closed headphones -- that is, if you're not going to be tracking with the headphones on so you need to worry about bleed -- don't get closed headphones. They fundamentally don't sound as good.

For listening, get Grados. The cheapest ones are great. Just buy at the price point you can afford, and you're getting the best deal in open headphone.

Closed headphones is another story. I've had a lot of them, none sound that great in your price range. I've been liking ultrasone headphones, but I've never heard the less expensive ones.

• Members

Originally posted by adelphi710

sony mdr-600 studio monitors. you can't get them new anymore, try ebay. they were 100 new. amazing.

I think you have those confused with the MDR-V6. The MDR-V6 are far better than the MDR-V600 (which are still available). For all practical purposes, the MDR-7506 is the same thing as the old MDR-V6. The differences are cosmetic.

Archived