Mesa Boogie Blue Angel?

jo_to

• Members

Quite a few Blue Angel users in here.

Gainster, Feisty had one, Porkchopp and a few more.

I had the 2x10 version and really liked it. Sold it to buy and 1x12 since I like that configuration better but never found one and spent the money somewhere else.

Great sounding amp and very well designed.

• Members

Originally posted by murtaghstyle

Quite a few Blue Angel users in here.

Gainster, Feisty had one, Porkchopp and a few more.

I had the 2x10 version and really liked it. Sold it to buy and 1x12 since I like that configuration better but never found one and spent the money somewhere else.

Great sounding amp and very well designed.

Cool. Would probably use it with alnico blues. Should work!

• Members

Without a doubt the most pedal unfriendly amp I've ever owned. It just sounded and felt wrong with every gain pedal I tried it with, and even some modulation pedals felt wrong. What it did, it did very well (big, piano like bass notes, sweet reverb).

• Members

Just got one last week.... Tried it out at gigging volume last night at practice... It sounds beautiful... the reverb is simply the best Ive ever heard...

I found no problems whatsoever with its interacting with any of my pedals at all...

I have the 4x10 version... the simulink is a wonderful feature... Ive been using both the 6V6s and the EL84s together... its loud as hell for 38 watts, Its class A... Its the best amp Ive ever owned....

47_1_b.JPG

• Members

I still own but no longer use a 2x10 Blue Angel, and my biggest complaint with it was that no matter what I did (pedals, cranking it, hooking up an extension cab, etc) it always sounded small and had a nasal tonality that could not be dialed out. It did have the most beautiful, lush reverb I've ever heard, but that was not enough of a reason to keep playing it. Maybe the head would be different, but I can say that the 2x10 has a very limited range of usefulness.

Archived