2 channel overdrives?

89strat

• Members

The ones I'm interested in is the Fulldrive, HBE Power screamer, and maybe the Jekyll and Hyde. I've actually tried all three at one time or another and I think I may be leaning more towards the Fulldrive. But, it's past my bedtime, and before I start hunting around New York to find the store I can try these out at, I was wondering which one you guys prefer. Your likes and dislikes, or maybe you know of something different.

• Members

The Fulldrive and the HBE are both TS copies with boost functions, not fully two channels but close. The Visual Sound pedal is a two channel overdrive with one side being a TS copy and the other being almost fuzzish, They all do diffrent things with diffrent amps, I am pretty partial to the Fulldrive, though from what I hear about the ZIM it makes me think I should try one out.

• Members

Some of the ones I've liked:

Fireball 2
Siegmund Double Drive
Homebrew Electronics Double Shot (I think they're M.A.D. Effects now)
H&K Tube Factor (although I used Factor 1 99% of the time)
NVN Bronto Boost
Menatone Howie (the newest version)

• Members

One the best kept secrets in the pedal world is the Prescription Dual-Tone. Toggle between two Mode settings. Rhythm has less gain and a tighter bottom. Lead has a bigger softer bottom with more gain. The Fat channel controlled by internal trimpots can boost volume and thickness of the of either channel. Deigned by James Santiago to give Strat/Fender amp players the sound of Les Paul/Marshall.

The Prescription Electronic site
www.fuzzbox.com

• Members

Originally posted by wakefyld45

The Fulldrive and the HBE are both TS copies with boost functions, not fully two channels but close. The Visual Sound pedal is a two channel overdrive with one side being a TS copy and the other being almost fuzzish, They all do diffrent things with diffrent amps, I am pretty partial to the Fulldrive, though from what I hear about the ZIM it makes me think I should try one out.

Actually, what I'm looking for is a an overdrive with a boost. I had a fulldrive a couple of years ago, really was looking for something else at the time. The one thing that kind of turned me off a bit was that in FM or Vintage mode, hitting the boost would just add more compression but not more volume.

• Members

Originally posted by 89strat

Actually, what I'm looking for is a an overdrive with a boost. I had a fulldrive a couple of years ago, really was looking for something else at the time. The one thing that kind of turned me off a bit was that in FM or Vintage mode, hitting the boost would just add more compression but not more volume.

Once more, the ZIM.

Pick from the 5 kinds of OD plus Boost and Distortion ZIM cards. Then tweak the Voicings all day long.

Archived