Flangers Clock frequency?

Walters9515

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Walters9515

type of flange you were after ( mild, metallic, jet sound). I think most have an adjustable range.

What would be the clock frequency for a mild? metallic? jet sound?

The clock frequency is a clock cap/resistor?

The clock frequency is dependant on the technology used to make the flanger. Analog or digital.

Clock can be anything, digital crystal, rc, Ic, vco, etc. You are asking such broad questions that they are impossible to answer without writing a thesis on the topic which is not what we are here to do.

Walter, what is your background, what is your technical level and education level. An answer that I would give a high school student is far different than one that I would give an IC designer with 20 years experience.

• Members

The clock frequency is dependant on the technology used to make the flanger. Analog or digital.

Yes analog u know in like MXR,EH,ADA they use a Clock Chip to convert the triangle LFO voltage to modulate the Clocks chips
but the "Clock Cap" sets the frequency for the Clock in the flanger and Chorus i was wondering what the frequencys were for the Flanger VS chorus?

The Clock Chip has a "Modulation input" what does this do?

I see the Triangle wavefrom LFO output hooked up to it but what does it do to the Clocks chip?

It makes the Clock chip Sweep ? but how?

• Members

The Clock chip has a Modulation input mostly a triangle waveform LFO hooks up to the modulation input pin. What does the LFO
do to the Clock chip? it converts LFO voltage swing to digital binary inside the Clock chip?

The output of the Clock chip is digital binary? which hooks up to the BBD i see two lines going to a BBD chip from the Clock chip

If the LFO sweeps the Clock chip the output goes to the BBD would be?

I thought the Clock Chip just triggered the BBD chip to shut off and on?

If a LFO is sweeping up and down and is hooked up to the Clock chip's Modulation input then the clock chips output would have to sweep?

• Members

The Clock chip has a Modulation input mostly a triangle waveform LFO hooks up to the modulation input pin. What does the LFO

do to the Clock chip? it converts LFO voltage swing to digital binary inside the Clock chip?

The output of the Clock chip is digital binary? which hooks up to the BBD i see two lines going to a BBD chip from the Clock chip

If a LFO is sweeping up and down and is hooked up to the Clock chip's Modulation input then the clock chips output would have to sweep?

Honestly you need to learn more electronics, the basics, before getting to this level stuff.

• Members

learn more electronics

Thats why i asked the questions to learn more about electronics

Its best if u give me some insight and guide me but if u don't know the answers or if u do know the answers and don't want to sit and write it out dont be telling me to get a book, use google, and go back to school understand.

If u want to be a asshole online and in real life thats your choice

• Members

idiot savant do u have a problem or something?

maybe i should go in every thread of yours and change the topic of your threads would u like that?

WTF are you talking about?

the link I posted answers your questions in the first 6 posts. I thought I was helping you.

I guess you don't like your questions being answered...?

:rolleyes:

• Members

idiot savant then answer them with your own words no hyperlinks,no google sites just your educated guess if u can't answer them then i proved my point that u yourself is trying to change the topic of my thread and has no experience in electronics or being in my thread

"questions being answered"

Archived