Lexicon MPX 550 opinions?

Kyle DiSanto

• Members

I have been looking for a good rack unit to stick in the loop of my engl savage 120. I basically want a good Chorus, Delay, Verb, Flanger, Phaser...the unit even has a compressor. Which would be cool for clean stuff. Im looking for something that sounds good and that has a nice Bypass to it. I dont want the unit to suck all the tone of the amp away.

I have looked at the roctron units, but Some say that you need a couple different units to get good sounding effects of the ones I listed above. I really want an "all in one" unit. I have looked at the gmajor but alot of people say they have issues with them breaking and so I wouldnt want to really deal with that.

Thanks for any help!

Kyle

IMO, it's a pretty good sounding unit as a studio rack processor... the verbs are good, and so are the other effects. As long as you don't need more than two effects at a time, it might be a good unit for you. I've never tried to use one in a amp's effect loop, so I can't say how it would do in that application. It does have jacks for footswitching bypass and tap tempo, but I don't know if it's a true hardwired bypass or not - I would suspect not, although I do not know for certain.

Archived