Digitech Bad Monkey

houseofglass21

• Members

I just wanna echo what others have said. Got one of these yesterday and it's a fantastic sounding OD. I've owned an MI Audio Blues Boy, Keeley TS-9, Boss SD-1, and Vox Valvetone...the Bad Monkey sounds better than all of them to my ears. It's great to have separate bass and treble controls.

• Members

Originally posted by houseofglass21

It's analog, and I'm glad Digitech makes it as opposed to DOD because the enclosure is really sturdy and high quality, and the switch is good.

Since they're so cheap I'm thinking about getting another one and running them together when I want more gain.

i think the enclosure is something a lot of people haven't mentioned. i played one in the music store for about an hour and decided i would buy it. when the dude reached in the glass case and handed one to me i was surprised at how ridiculously heavy it was. really really well built. getting a good overdrive pedal for cheap is nothing new- i mean the arion tubulator has been around for a while- but until this ugly thing came along, it was sort of a given that you were gonna get flimsy construction.

UNLESS you went with boss of course. and IMHO, every boss overdrive model i tried got smoked by the bad monkey.

:o i really felt like a tool going up to the counter and asking for a bad monkey:o

Archived