Visual Sound - Great Pedals, Irresponsible Advertising!

Marin Timmy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

PLEASE NOTE: As the above post is in the interest of public safety, OT discussion will not be tolerated in this thread.In addition, as there are HCEF members who have threatened me and openly fantasized about causing me physical harm, I will not be discussing personal matters on this forum.

Namaste,

Tim

• Members

Oh come the {censored} on...................................

Quote Marin Timmy:

my blind friends reacted with unanimous outrage and disgust

I challenge you right now mister upper crusty Marin County {censored} bubble. Produce even one "Blind Friend from Marin"

You sir, are so far up your own ass that it makes me vomit. I would further challenge that if you do actually know any blind people, they would not be blind of sight, but, rather blind of you!

I actually bumped into, and shook Johnny's hand at the PRS booth this year and although he is "legally" sight "Challenged" I assure you he made eye contact, and had a visual sound pedal on his board.

And further, If I ever meet you in person it is going to be a challenge, indeed, sir Timmy, to refrain from poking your eyes out myself.

Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck. Whoop whoop whoop unong unong unong.

Eh Wiseguy eh??

• Members

Originally posted by Marin Timmy

PLEASE NOTE: As the above post is in the interest of public safety, OT discussion will not be tolerated in this thread. In addition, as there are HCEF members who have threatened me and openly fantasized about causing me physical harm, I will not be discussing personal matters on this forum.

Namaste,

Tim

And............who are you, to decide what will and will not be tolerated in a thread on this forum?? Im pretty sure that will be decided by the mods here.

Namaste yerself.

• Members

Over the years, I have been extensively involved in activities benefiting the visually impaired, going so far as to rent property to the nonprofit Guide Dogs for the Blind while their San Rafael campus was undergoing renovation.

:D

Tim, you're a saint. Lord knows no-one else would rent property to a non-profit organisation. Won't someone think of the guide dogs?

• Members

Blind drivers are nothing new.

It depends where you drive.

The picture doesn`t show where Mr.Hiland drives the car.

"South African Hein Wagner has become the world's fastest blind driver. Driving a red Maserati V8 Gransport, he notched up 269km/h (167mph) along an airstrip in north-west South Africa "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4229468.stm

"A blind driver reached speeds of more than 170mph while training to break a land speed record on Wednesday.

Steve Cunningham, 41, from Banbury, Oxfordshire, climbed behind the wheel of a Mercedes sports car with a professional racer for company. He hit a top speed of 175mph at Elvington Airfield in north Yorkshire ahead of his attempt to break the 180mph mark later this month.

Mr Cunningham is raising funds for his own charity Blind Vision ."http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/oxfordshire/3638934.stm

"Blind driver's 167mph record

A blind father of two has claimed a new world land speed record by reaching 167.32mph in a specially-made BMW M5."

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1569624.html?menu=news.quirkies.heartwarmers

Btw.

An indian swami left India last week for a round-the-world trip. He will drive the car with eyes closed claiming his only sight is by the third eye chakra. Check India Today for details.

http://www.india-today.com/archives/index.shtml

• Members

So was the ad in braile? Is that how you spell it?

Besides, this (legally) blind guitarist must have known that 1, he was bllind, 2, the company he was endorsing was called Visual Sound, and 3, that he was posing behind the wheel of a car. Unless you have some evidence that one of those three things isn't true, what gives you the right to raise such a stink over what somebody else freely chose to do?

Originally posted by Jeremy Skrenes

So was the ad in braile? Is that how you spell it?

Besides, this (legally) blind guitarist must have known that 1, he was bllind, 2, the company he was endorsing was called Visual Sound, and 3, that he was posing behind the wheel of a car. Unless you have some evidence that one of those three things isn't true, what gives you the right to raise such a stink over what somebody else freely chose to do?

Agreed. If JH didn't have a problem with it, I don't see why anyone else should object either. It's not in poor taste at all IMO, and I think that it takes quite a "politically correct" stretch to make it appear so, but that's just my personal opinion, and remember, everyone's entitled to their own opinions. :) But any threats of personal violence directed at anyone else will be "officially" frowned upon, so feel free to disagree with anyone all you want, but please don't break the site rules by threatening anyone with physical violence folks. I appreciate it. :wave:

Oh and BTW Timmy, I never got a response to my PM to you from a week or two ago. Did you get it? :confused:

Originally posted by bocage44

Ha, you got me!

This is some kind of troll thread, isn't it?

That's certainly a possibility, and some people appear to agree with you regarding the possibility of MT being a clever troll. It's also possible he's entirely sincere and seriously expressing his POV. It's up to each individual to make up their own mind about such thigs on an "unmoderated" forum. Remember - I'm here primarily as a participant, and I prefer not to have to do the "mod thing" any more than I absolutely have to. :)

PLEASE NOTE: As the above post is in the interest of public safety, OT discussion will not be tolerated in this thread.

In all due respect, and with sincerity, I think that comments like this are what tend to give some people a negative impression of you MT.
:(
I'm an administrator on this site, and I don't try to control OT discussions anywhere on the site outside of my own "personal" forum - with the possible exception of gross / flagrant site rules violations. And even when coming from a mod / admin, it doesn't always go over well.
;)
With that kind of "direction" and attitude coming from a regular forum member - and a fairly new one at that - I can guarantee you some flak from your fellow forumites. Maybe asking nicely would get you further. Then again, maybe not...
:(
(see my previous comments about personal threats if you think I'm trying to "take sides" here). But IMO, you're more likely to get civility and respect with civility and respect. FWIW.
:wave:

In addition, as there are HCEF members who have threatened me and openly fantasized about causing me physical harm, I will not be discussing personal matters on this forum.

Namaste,

Tim

No one ever has to feel like they are required to discuss personal matters on these boards. People can ask, but no one is obligated to respond. And again, I refer you to my previous comments about threats of physical violence aganst another forum member. Just like using multiple logins, that's grounds for suspension / banning. And again, I don't want to have to go there, so everyone play nice please.

• Members

Over the years, I have been extensively involved in activities benefiting the visually impaired, going so far as to rent property to the nonprofit Guide Dogs for the Blind while their San Rafael campus was undergoing renovation. I can assure you that, when informed of the Route 66 ad, my blind friends reacted with unanimous outrage and disgust.

Namaste,

Tim

That`s too kind of you. :D

"Animal Care & Welfare Services

Guide Dogs for the Blind P.O. Box 151200

San Rafael, CA 94915-1200 (directions)

Phone: (800) 295-4050

Email: information@guidedogs.com

Web site: www.guidedogs.com

Guide Dogs for the Blind offers blind people enhanced mobility through the unique skills of dogs that are developed, cared for and nurtured by dedicated youth and adult volunteers."

• Members

Oh please, where do I begin? There was a great tv series in the mid-sixties that chronicled the adventures of two guys traveling along Route 66. A convertable Corvette was the featured vehicle used for this series.

I believe the ad was totally tied to the imagery evoked by the theme of the tv series Route 66.

:rolleyes:

Archived