Visual Sound - Great Pedals, Irresponsible Advertising!

Marin Timmy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by milkmanfrank

You are entitled to your personal opinion, but if you don't like this thread, don't look at it. And leave Mr. Timmy alone.

Taking sides might get you into a lot of trouble around here

• Members
Originally posted by BmoreTele

yes, but do you truly honor the inner light within RoboPimp even as you call him a witless sociopath?

:wave:

Now THAT is a good question. Oh and the non-profit I work for has an operating budget of around 80 million bucks a year. besides paying for our own space we negotiate leases for people we subcontract with and effectively pay their rent to. Any profit (ie any money we don't spend within our budget) goes back to the state of Florida.

• Members

Originally posted by MrSage

Hang on...

What's wrong with renting to a non-profit?

Non-profit doesn't mean that they don't have any money...it just means that the purpose of the business is something other than making a profit.

They have income and expenses, just like any business. Most non-profits rent space...people aren't generally willing to give away property just because the interested party is non-profit.

Comparing a non-profit organization to a Katrina victim is way off-base. That implies that non-profit organizations have had everything stripped from them and they're left resourceless and depending on others to support them. That's simply not the case.

The largest nonprofit organization in the United States is the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which has an endowment of approximately $27 billion. The second-largest is the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, which has an endowment of approximately $11 billion.

Certainly not all non-profits have these kinds of resources, but that should at least suggest that they aren't all out panhandling for free office space.

There is nothing wrong with renting to a non-profit. Business is business. I've worked with non-profit's for over 20 years. Just don't try and claim that there is something philanthropic in doing so (as Timmy stated "Over the years, I have been extensively involved in activities benefiting the visually impaired, going so far as to rent property to the nonprofit Guide Dogs for the Blind while their San Rafael campus was undergoing renovation.").

• Members

Originally posted by sonaboy

third - what do you think the effects of "irresponsible advertising" like this will be?

that blind people will *cough* view the ad and think to themselves, "man - if blind Johnny Hiland can drive, then so can i!!!"

vroom! *wreck* *carnage* dead babies and grandmas *screams*

Here comes the meat wagon!! Coroner gets out oh my gaahhhd. New guy's in the corner puking his guts out, and all because you wanted to save a few bucks on brake pads?

• Members

Originally posted by telepaul

I was listenin to a James cotton album (100% Cotton) that had Matt "Guitar" Murphy on it. Smokin.

I met Matt Murphy a few years back at the Blues Saloon while drinking a couple before his gig. He leaves the bar area and starts getting things ready. Up comes a brother, "Hey man, hows it going, I saw you in KC" Matt, "Oh yeah". The guy just keeps ramblin and won't shut up. The look on Murphy's face was like "will you just go away". Finally the guys says" so whens the last time you were in KC" Matt, " probably the last time I saw yo ASS" I about fell on the floor laughing.

• Members
Originally posted by Marin Timmy

PLEASE NOTE: As the above post is in the interest of public safety, OT discussion will not be tolerated in this thread.In addition, as there are HCEF members who have threatened me and openly fantasized about causing me physical harm, I will not be discussing personal matters on this forum.

Namaste,

Tim

Translation:

this is a troll thread... please flame away

I mean that "namaste" sig is basically begging someone to stab a virtual fork in your eye.

hahah! public safey! haha what an asshole!

We know your weakness anyway, the CRANE TECHNIQUE!!!

wax off muthafukka :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by 48729zjd

That's priceless...

:D

Originally posted by threm

Btw.

An indian swami left India last wizzle fo` a round-the-world tizzle. He wizzy drive tha ride wit eyes closed chillin' his only sight is by tha third eye chakra. Chizzay India Today fo` details n {censored}.

http://www.india-today.com/archizzle

Oh yeah, the story is just as real as Marin Timmy himself.

Archived